Challenge Cup Final?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
MrDave

Challenge Cup Final?

Post by MrDave »

Anyone else think that the Challenge Cup final will actually take place at 4:30pm this Saturday when Leeds play St Helens in round 4?

It has been four years since two of the so called 'big four' played each other in the challenge cup and that was Wigan v St Helens in 2004. Credit to Hull FC for causing an upset and beating Leeds in the final in 2005 but since then St Helens have had 3 easy victories in the final against Huddersfield, Catalans and a injury hit Hull FC.

I think who ever wins between St Helens and Leeds will win the Challenge Cup unfortunately.
ancientnloyal

Re: Challenge Cup Final?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan will win it. Believe!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrDave wrote:Anyone else think that the Challenge Cup final will actually take place at 4:30pm this Saturday when Leeds play St Helens in round 4?

It has been four years since two of the so called 'big four' played each other in the challenge cup and that was Wigan v St Helens in 2004. Credit to Hull FC for causing an upset and beating Leeds in the final in 2005 but since then St Helens have had 3 easy victories in the final against Huddersfield, Catalans and a injury hit Hull FC.

I think who ever wins between St Helens and Leeds will win the Challenge Cup unfortunately.
I'd agree with that...it's possible that we might "easy" draws all the way, but I almost don't want us to get to the final because of the embarrassment we'd get.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

If we get an easy run, then so be it, i'd be happy to get to the final regardless of who we have to play to get there.
Lots of non SL teams left in the draw after the weekend :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I don't think that would have been the challenege cup final anyway. should be a good game.

I hope saints get battered. not that i am unsporting but lots of injuries for saints please. The baily-graham contest will be good.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

There is a possibilty that we could get to the final if we play the blind school in every round.

Get used to it since we moved from Central Park , the glory days have gone

sceptical or synical ( you make the choice)

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

That's provided we get by Barrow. Don't write the next chapter till we win this one. They are going well. We are not. Cup ties can be funny things, Jim
gw

Post by gw »

Its in the bag this year!!!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

gw wrote:Its in the bag this year!!!
Aye the trash bag thats in the bin :lol: Personally i think we might get a good cup run and would luv us to get to Wembley and win it But imo dont think we will do it with the way things are at the club.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx