TYPICAL RFL!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

TYPICAL RFL!

Post by turf »

Taken from the Sky website:

Huddersfield forward Keith Mason has escaped a ban despite being found guilty of intentional striking.

The former St Helens and Wakefield prop appeared in front of the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee on Tuesday.

He was found guilty of the offence committed during Friday's 22-8 victory at Wigan, but the committee opted not to impose a suspension.
cpwigan

Re: TYPICAL RFL!

Post by cpwigan »

Correct call
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

How can it be a correct call when done for intentional striking?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

how can the rfl ban mason when they let the leeds and saints players get away with it last week?

bye the way is it a coincidence that both matches were reffed by bentham?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

i dont think the official makes a coincidence here, not his doing (apart from being poor)... we've seen these have 1 match bans in the past but i assume the grading has changed this year.

Turf, do you like this outcome?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

over the hill wrote:how can the rfl ban mason when they let the leeds and saints players get away with it last week?

bye the way is it a coincidence that both matches were reffed by bentham?
I said during the Saints Leeds game that Bentham was lucky the game didn't kick off a lot more than it did. He doesn't seem to be able to calm things down when sometimes it is a good idea for the ref to show a couple of yellow cards to send the message out that it won't be tolerated.... It is beginning to look like a bit more than a coincidence.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

FROM A TO B wrote:How can it be a correct call when done for intentional striking?
He could be suspended for inability to land a punch IMO but if he did land one where do we stop? Hansen and Griffin traded more punches, Lockers got involved and threw punches. In fact the best punch of the lot was landed by Tommy on Mason. So I make that 5 players that could be suspended for striking, including 2 from Wigan.

Mason got 0.5 for a failed Kelvin Superman
turf

Post by turf »

ancientnloyal wrote:i dont think the official makes a coincidence here, not his doing (apart from being poor)... we've seen these have 1 match bans in the past but i assume the grading has changed this year.

Turf, do you like this outcome?
Seeing as I am complaining about it, no. :conf:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think mason should of been punished.

reason being he struck hason from behind, hason and griffin were trading thats a boil over but mason runs in a jumps hason from behind it was cowardly
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

gpartin wrote:I said during the Saints Leeds game that Bentham was lucky the game didn't kick off a lot more than it did. He doesn't seem to be able to calm things down when sometimes it is a good idea for the ref to show a couple of yellow cards to send the message out that it won't be tolerated...
Was it good luck or good management that the game remained within his control?

Why sin-bin players when you can keep them on the field? It took a couple of words with the captains but they behaved themselves.