TYPICAL RFL!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: TYPICAL RFL!

Post by gpartin »

I think he was very lucky personally.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bentham was outstanding in the Leeds v Saints cup game. Referee of the year for 2009 mark my words if he carries on as he is.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Bentham was outstanding in the Leeds v Saints cup game. Referee of the year for 2009 mark my words if he carries on as he is.
Yeah I agree, I was on about the league game.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

turf

Post by turf »

cpwigan wrote:Bentham was outstanding in the Leeds v Saints cup game. Referee of the year for 2009 mark my words if he carries on as he is.
I thought he was outstanding in the fiery game the week before between the same two teams in my opinion.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

turf wrote:
I thought he was outstanding in the fiery game the week before between the same two teams in my opinion.
I'm with Morph on this one.

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:
Was it good luck or good management that the game remained within his control?

Why sin-bin players when you can keep them on the field? It took a couple of words with the captains but they behaved themselves.
it was Bentham's poor decisions that caused the frustration between the players in the first place, that led to the punch up.
Which of his decisions do you think led to the fight?

What did you think of how he dealt with the fight(s)?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:Not sure which player it was, probably Bailey, high/illegal shot on a saints player, nothing given, then it escalated from there.
It was a high tackle and should have been penalised. However, I don't think any further action would have been warranted. Bailey put in the shoulder on Fasavalu, it hit his shoulder and then chin. Personal experience is that those hits are really hard to judge at full speed, it's not an obvious attack to the head.

Regardless of whether it was a penalty or scrum Graham and Cunningham were always going to be psyched up after that.

The fight that resulted at the opposite end of the field was nothing really and after that there was nothing.

I'm not really sure how better he could have managed it?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Morph wrote:But if it had at least been given a penalty, i would suggest that he would have gained more control over the match, perhaps brought the captains out and told them to tell their teams to calm it down.

Simples! :roll:
No doubt he should have given the penalty. He'd had a word with the captains immediately before it. Had another word a couple of minutes later and the rest of the game went smoothly. I'd say that was a success on Bentham's behalf.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

bentham, is at fault for all fights in SL because of the way he refs ,dose not protect the players at all so they take it into there own hands
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
turf

Post by turf »

robjoenz wrote:No doubt he should have given the penalty. He'd had a word with the captains immediately before it. Had another word a couple of minutes later and the rest of the game went smoothly. I'd say that was a success on Bentham's behalf.
Spot on robjoenz. Well done and good refereeing by Phil Bentham. :eusa2: