good game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
greens

good game

Post by greens »

just like to say as a barrow fan well done to your support you probly deserved it over 80mins,thought you were a credit to rugby league and good luck next round,how did you find craven park was it a flash back?
cumbria_warrior

Re: good game

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Barrow put up a real good fight, even looked at one point like could go on to win it. Good day though and all the supporters from both teams were a credit i thought. Great day out
greens

Post by greens »

good game as well barrow pushed for the 80mins i'm well happy.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Greens thanks for participating on this forum since the draw was made. Hope you stay on here for some time. I didnt go but 20-32 seems a good quality game which shows how good Barrow are becoming in NL1 and how far they have come.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
greens

Post by greens »

great to see 6500 in craven park,sounds cheesy but i didnt see or hear any nastiness between both sets of fans and well done for clapping us off rugby league won today.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fantastic atmosphere, and a great group of fans - hopefully that performance will see their attendances increase. A bunch I was chatting with on the way out said they were unlucky not to beat us, and I had to agree with that!
bruno

Post by bruno »

to greens had a good time today with your fans wigan had to work really hard for the win barrow playrd some good rugby
greens

Post by greens »

nice touch chanting barrow at end credit to your team hopefully we can get more crowds like that .
2old4

Post by 2old4 »

Wonderful day out! Great ground :doz: great fans (both) and sunny too! Not sure about how good we were and whether we deserved to win :( BUT-have to say I was choked when we clapped and sang Barrow at the end. Fantastic Wigan fans you were all great! :D
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Not a good performance from Wigan. Barrow were far more inventive and highly committed in their performance. I thought both their half backs and number 12 Ostler played particularly well. They gave us plenty of problems keeping the ball alive and a number of our players just didn't stand up and be counted today. Doesn't augur well fior Saints though at least we were able to give a couple of key players a rest.
Brilliant fans at Barrow and Craven Park is much like it was last time I went some 20 years ago. Going for a pee is like Knowsley Road - ancient and stinks. A great day out and hope that Barrow can use today's performance as a stepping stone to better things.