lets make it a cauldron on thursday!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

lets make it a cauldron on thursday!

Post by warrior till i die »

everyone bring your singing voices and lets roar the lads on! lets truly be the 18th man and get behind the lads!
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
gw

Re: lets make it a cauldron on thursday!

Post by gw »

are you joking, as soon as we conceed a try the boo boys will be out- they love when we lose, they'll be out in force on thursday!!
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Lets make it like it was at the Bradford game!

that was the best Atmosphere by far. Even before the game it was good.
dezzer1952

Post by dezzer1952 »

I agree with wiggy , the Bradford match atmosphere was excellent so lets get behind the boys and raise the roof. Just like the glory days
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The atmosphere at the JJB Stadium hasn't been great since the year Wigan battled with relegation. There was a good atmosphere in the few minutes Wigan decided to play rugby against Castleford other than that the atmosphere has been abit dead.

If Wigan can give the fans something to cheer for then I'm sure everyone will get behind the team but if Wigan fall apart I can see the stadium emptying at half time.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Cant see why any true supporter would leave the ground, as long as the team all give there best. they need the supporters to keep the positive shouts and chants, I am sure they dont need to hear when they make a mistake, lets get behind the team and truly stay loyal through the good and bad times.
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

gw wrote:are you joking, as soon as we conceed a try the boo boys will be out- they love when we lose, they'll be out in force on thursday!!
I can`t belive some off the negativity on here !!! We are Wigan, not some 3rd rate tier team. How the st helens lot will love this !!!... us booing, walking out early etc etc.No wonder the likes of the saints fans are always avin a go !!! We need as an earlier post states , make some noise get behind the team come what may and show the saints fans and their team that we are proud to support our team and ware the shirt.The club itself trys it`s best, what with the fireworks etc, so get behind the team , make it indimidating whatever the result. I for one am proud to ware the Wigan shirt and support my team wotever !!! and even more when St Helens are in town. we dont need to give them an exscuse to av a go !!!! ther`e all conceited enough !!! :blush:
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Cant see why any true supporter would leave the ground, as long as the team all give there best. they need the supporters to keep the positive shouts and chants, I am sure they dont need to hear when they make a mistake, lets get behind the team and truly stay loyal through the good and bad times.
Well said !!!This is one of the biggest games of the season, against our biggest rivals !!! i`m worried sick about how we will perform, and the result, but whatever the result i will walk into our stadium proud of being a Wigan fan and walk out the same, whatever happens. And be assured the Saints fans wont give us an inch !!! :wink:
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

Comments like "if they give us something to cheer about" is why the chant "you only sing when your winning" get sung at fans!!

I am one of the VERY few who stays til the whistle whatever the result, sings Wigan til I die whatever the result, goes in South Stand bar to hear Phil Vievers comments (and don't heckle him let him have his say) whatever the result!! And still turn up for the next match whatever the result..... I'm not saying I'm a better fan than anybody but I get sick to death of being able to hear a pin drop when we go behind..... The people who walk out with 20mins of the game to go.... The ppl who heckle Phil Vievers when he's trying to say his piece.... Alright ask him questions but let him say what he's gotta say first....
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

exactly, lets make our home games intimidating for away teams, with the noise and support to our team. Lets become the best heard fans in the game, COME ON WIGAN