Bradford Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: Bradford Leeds

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Stevo was wrong GP if you are talking about the late McGuire try when Watkins threw the ball inside. If you think back to Barrow when it was 24-20, Barrow had a try disallowed for exactly the same thing. It was a case of Stevo not knowing the rules.
I wasn't sure about that one, I've seen em go both ways dependent on whether it is judged he meant to pass it or not. The one I meant was when Webb was in front of the play the ball but involved himself in the attack afterwards. As far as I knew if you don't get in anyones way you can be played onside and join in the attack. Tim Smith often stands in front of the ptb.

I just got the impression they were looking for reasons not to give tries tonight and not the other way round. I also think there was a slight knock on for the Bradford Video ref try which was given. They may all have been 50/50 calls but bradford seemed to get all of them....

And as for the mix up at the end when Burrow questioned the ref, he just looked clueless and once again Bradford gained advantage from it. I wasn't especially bothered either way before the start of the game but did feel a bit sorry for Leeds... but it was shortlived :lol: :lol:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Mr Stu wrote:was cheerin on bradford as stevo was doing my headin, so biased towards leeds, thougt the video ref got that right plus webbs pass (think it was webb) was forward aswell. leeds first try was forward but think bradfords first tries was not forward.
Come on they were practically drooling over bradford, they had already given them the game with 10 minutes left....

just shows though how who you choose to support can completely change your view of the game.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Stevo was wrong GP if you are talking about the late McGuire try when Watkins threw the ball inside. If you think back to Barrow when it was 24-20, Barrow had a try disallowed for exactly the same thing. It was a case of Stevo not knowing the rules.
I'd be interested in Rob's input on when a forward pass (which the VR can't adjudicate) becomes a knock on.
turf

Post by turf »

I thought the officials, particularly the VR were farcical.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Webb offside was offside.

Think back to Ellery. It took officials a while to cotton on but when Ellery was scoring tries for fun and Wigan were running them in silly. Sometimes towards the end of games he would run forwards ready to support a break. If none came he would stay offside sometimes and if a break was made in the next play he would be there to take the pass.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Erm, not sure... Is it only offside if they score a try from it because I've never seen it given unless the player interferes before becoming involved in the attack. Its a quaestion of consistency. I'd have certainly given that one.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN wrote:
I'd be interested in Rob's input on when a forward pass (which the VR can't adjudicate) becomes a knock on.
I'd have though it'd be a knock on if he isn't intending it to go to the player next to him when he touches it... If it is then its a pass???

Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

gpartin wrote:
Mr Stu wrote:was cheerin on bradford as stevo was doing my headin, so biased towards leeds, thougt the video ref got that right plus webbs pass (think it was webb) was forward aswell. leeds first try was forward but think bradfords first tries was not forward.
Come on they were practically drooling over bradford, they had already given them the game with 10 minutes left....

just shows though how who you choose to support can completely change your view of the game.
thought eddie and clark were alright but stevo wouldnt take any decision which went against leeds, especially in the second half with the offside, knock on and sin binning. i originally wanted leeds to win as keeps bradford more points away from us and keeps saints off top but thought bradford deserved it in then end,
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

they probably did, I think I must have been wrong on every call... :lol:

turf

Post by turf »

I have just seen the contentious no try decision to Leeds again. I think the pass that Allibert judged was a knock on, actually was backwards, and therefore should have been a try.