Ainscough & Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Webby1971

Ainscough & Tomkins

Post by Webby1971 »

I know this may not be a popular thread because this lad is exactly what we need to build for the future and everyone is singing his praises BUT at the moment he may have scored 9 tries but how many has he cost us. He really does need to tone up on his loose ball / high ball takes and his positioning, I would even go as far as to say that in defence he is a liabilty and if I was the oppossing playmaker would pepper him with high balls and grubbers. Over to you Radders. As for Tompkins, for once tonight I agree with Stevo, he needs to take the defence on more, BUT I don't blame him, I believe he is being surpressed by Nobles gameplan, let the lad loose for gods sake.
turf

Re: Ainscough & Tompkins

Post by turf »

A big call reguarding Ainscough. The other good thing is though, he never stops trying, even though we are loosing by a fair score, like previous games this season, he always puts 100% in and helps out wherever/whenever he can for the team.

I agree though, let Ainscough AND Tomkins loose. AInscough will learn though, and as you say, over to you Radders.

I think he will pay attention and learn form Rdders, will Ainscough, because he looks an intelligent, keen to learn player.
Webby1971

Post by Webby1971 »

Turf, not knocking his effort and like I said he is what we need for the future, I Wigan lad who is proud to wear the jersey. Thought I needed to make this point as everyone seems to be getting carried away with his attack and not commenting on his defence. Hope he can sort it because his attack is exciting.
turf

Post by turf »

Sorry Webby1971, I agree his defence needs work and he will get the lessons from Radders, and it shouldn't take long because he looks eager to learn doesn't he?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I feel sorry for the pair of them, i can't think of any player who has ever improved under Noble's coaching, everybody seems to go backwards.
It's called being Noblized.
turf

Post by turf »

The Eclipse wrote:I feel sorry for the pair of them, i can't think of any player who has ever improved under Noble's coaching, everybody seems to go backwards.
It's called being Noblized.
So do I The Eclipse, ecpecially Ainscough. I have just got a text from a friend of mine, who is a back room physio and he said that the Wigan born lads, i.e, S. Tomkins, S. Ainscough, H. Hansen etc, where close to tears when they left the field in Catalan tonight.

That just shows you how much defeat hurts the Wigan born youngsters.

They will be hurting right now after that, ALL of the team should be, not just those three.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Eclipse, that is one very true statement, no-one moreso than Stuart Feilden, if Noble goes will Feilden become an enforcer again. Their style of play worked at Bradford, and, for the remaining games for the season they signed but, to start afresh with a new season in front of them (2008) they were like fish out of water. I can see them going back to their old pond.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Webby1971 wrote:I know this may not be a popular thread because this lad is exactly what we need to build for the future and everyone is singing his praises BUT at the moment he may have scored 9 tries but how many has he cost us. He really does need to tone up on his loose ball / high ball takes and his positioning, I would even go as far as to say that in defence he is a liabilty and if I was the oppossing playmaker would pepper him with high balls and grubbers. Over to you Radders. As for Tompkins, for once tonight I agree with Stevo, he needs to take the defence on more, BUT I don't blame him, I believe he is being surpressed by Nobles gameplan, let the lad loose for gods sake.
Before you look at the performances of two young kids you need to look at other better paid more experienced players who to be frank are embarrassed by these two lads week in week out.
Fielden, Coley, Pig, Roberts, have big improvements to make these players should be leading the likes of Ainscough and Sam, Roberts came off his wing for the first try his fault he looks poor under the high ball aswell and he has not scored half the tries and looks like he may fall asleep at times , Fielden is shocking along with the rest of our starting front row how can Sam play behind that?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
turf

Post by turf »

lucky 13 wrote:Before you look at the performances of two young kids you need to look at other better paid more experienced players who to be frank are embarrassed by these two lads week in week out.

Fielden, Coley, Pig, Roberts, have big improvements to make these players should be leading the likes of Ainscough and Sam, Roberts came off his wing for the first try his fault he looks poor under the high ball aswell and he has not scored half the tries and looks like he may fall asleep at times , Fielden is shocking along with the rest of our starting front row how can Sam play behind that?
Instead it is sometimes the other way round!! :o :o :o
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

turf wrote:
lucky 13 wrote:Before you look at the performances of two young kids you need to look at other better paid more experienced players who to be frank are embarrassed by these two lads week in week out.

Instead it is sometimes the other way round!! :o :o :o
That was my point yes Turf .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!