Justin Morgan!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cherrywarrior

Re: Justin Morgan!

Post by cherrywarrior »

Probably not but still...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

breach of integrity
turf

Post by turf »

pedro wrote:
turf wrote:This just gets better ladies and gentlemen(!):

Taken from The Sun newspaper:
HULL KR coach Justin Morgan is standing by his rant against referee Ben Thaler which has landed him with a misconduct charge.

The Rovers boss could be hit with a hefty fine but said: “I’m confident I’ve got a good case — I’ve got quite a bit of tangible evidence. “There are a number of issues that will be made public after the hearing.”
Sarcastically responding to the bit on bold, I wonder(!)

I am glad that Ben Thaler is officiating an SL game on Saturday because in a way after all the moaning that Morgan has done about Thaler, where has it got him, nowhere except:

A - Ben Thaler is refereeing Catalan vs Salford on Saturday night which in a way is sticking two finger back up to Morgan.

B - In trouble with the RFL for abusing a match referee.

A good result all round I would say!!!! :D :D :D

Also a huge :eusa2: must be given to the RFL for not demoting Thaler because he is one of the best referees still on the panel for goodness sakes!!!!
shows how poor the others are
Too true pedro.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I for one applaude Morgan for having the B****KS to speak his mind.
Huddersfield have been getting away with the same tactics all season and it's about time something was said. If refs continue to let them get away with their style of play, someone is going to get seriously injured, or we'll end up with more mass brawls like we saw at the JJB a few weeks ago.[/img]
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

FROM A TO B wrote:I for one applaude Morgan for having the B****KS to speak his mind.
Huddersfield have been getting away with the same tactics all season and it's about time something was said. If refs continue to let them get away with their style of play, someone is going to get seriously injured, or we'll end up with more mass brawls like we saw at the JJB a few weeks ago.[/img]
first attempt at posting a pic, so bear with me!

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Morgan charged:

www.bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague:
The Rugby Football League has charged Hull KR coach Justin Morgan over comments he made about referee Ben Thaler on Easter Monday.

Morgan said Thaler's performance in the Super League defeat to Huddersfield was "substandard" and suggested he should "spend some time learning the rules."

The Rovers coach will face charges of misconduct and breaching the RFL's Respect policy.

An RFL tribunal will be held on 22 April to investigate the matter.

Morgan claimed Huddersfield were allowed to get away with "blue murder" and said Thaler needs to return to a lower grade.

"It is absolutely disgraceful every time we get him," the Australian said.

"There is a very common denominator every time there is a poor game of rugby league and that is Mr Thaler."

Morgan is charged with breaching rules stating that club officials should not criticise the character of a referee or the manner in which he has controlled a game.
The bit in bold I 100% agree with. A big :eusa2: to the RFL.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN wrote:I don't see why they should be above criticism, though (after a match, I mean; not during it).

I can think of very few (if any) other jobs where one's performance isn't allowed to be commented on by interested parties. Why are they any different?
I have never seen a referee coming out and openly criticising a player or coach. It would be inappropriate. Why is it appropriate to do the opposite?

It's also the way he went about it. He's entitled to his opinion but he needs to be able to back it up with evidence. Immediately after a game you are hyped up and haven't had chance to look at the DVD of the game. He comments on forward passes, but stood in the dugout or sat in the stand you have no idea whether passes are forward, it's near on impossible to say with certaintly from the DVD from a single camera on the gantry.

I think if he'd looked at the DVD, raised his concerns with Stuart Cummings and then made some more controlled comments to the media he'd have got his point across, not looked bitter and wouldn't be in trouble with the RFL.

As for the fighting at the Huddersfield game, didn't that stem from a legitimate Scott Moore challenge on Sam Tomkins (committed challenge on the kicker) which Harrison Hansen took exception to and later decided to get his own back?