Something positive in France

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Something positive in France

Post by DaveO »

Not often a link between rlfans and here is (or the other way!) is warranted but I think this thread deserves a mention:

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=405207

Dave
cherrywarrior

Re: Something positive in France

Post by cherrywarrior »

Defo, what a heartwarming story!!!

Hence why im still PROUD to support our club!

Well done lads!

although note no english players were mentioned in the article...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
ian b

Post by ian b »

A really nice gesture and it proves what a great sport we follow i just wished we could win now and again :sigh:
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

I had the pleasure to travel on the same plane to Gerona and back with the team and officials and I was very pleased with the way the players conducted themselves. I always think it can become annoying to be approached and involved in conversation by people you don't know but the team, without exception, were charming and responsive. Anyone not involved with RL could not fail to have been impressed.

I wish I could say the same for our 'supporters' at the game but I found some of their drunken antics repulsive. I have been known to take the odd drink myself but some of the antics on view at the end of the match did not reflect any credit on Wigan at all. Perhaps the afternoon spent at the bar near to the stadium could have been better employed elsewhere.
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

well said ancient warrior!some of the after match behaviour left something to be desired.the players however were a credit to the club despite queuing for long spells .i think they deserve better than the ryanair cattle run.they looked totally shattered on the home trip and must have been up pretty early .i thought it was a good idea to take them over on saturday after avery tough saints game,but the weather didn't do us any favours on sunday.I however am not ashamed to be a wigan supporter.roll on sunday
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

just read the link to cherry &white.wonderful story ,put a little tear in my eye too.well done lads.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not in France but Terry Newton last night. Terry gets a bad rep well coming off the England Schoolboy match last night Terry had borrowed one of his young children's bikes and was racing another of his children. It was nice too see.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

seen tery secveral time supporting the juniors and having a laugh with the kids,as for the wigan lads they have put a bit of pride back in the shirt
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

we have a set of players who aren't really controversial (Feka last year) so you'd expect this from our players and club.

Went catalans a few years back uncle mo and the backroom staff (not a music band) were on the flight and they all acted professionally as one would expect.

Nice gesture from those players :)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
tom g

Post by tom g »

I must admit all the Wigan players I have ever met after the games have been top fellas often stopping to have pics taken with my younger sister. None have ever refused an autograph or picture and some like Feka and George Carmont will stop and talk to you for ages. I think they are certainly a credit to the club off the pitch ,from what I have seen, and it is just a pity that sometimes the performances on the field let them down. I certainly cannot see all Premiership footballers acting like the guys did in France!