Celtic attendances

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
GeoffN

Celtic attendances

Post by GeoffN »

Split this off from a Warriors attendance thread:
ancientnloyal wrote:
For rugby league in general the Celtic numbers will be interesting, I know when we visit it's summer and a good road trip as a club we;ve traditionally welcomed new(ish) teams with plenty of fans... Widnes have been getting 5,000 crowds but not performing it seems...
Celtic are averaging nearly 5,000 from their 3 home games so far (Saints, Hull & Quins). Pretty good start, I'd say, especially considering their results!
josie andrews

Re: Celtic attendances

Post by josie andrews »

Maybe Geoff, but like most of the other SL teams, bar maybe Wire & HKR, their away support is disgraceful.

Even for the Huddersfield v Leeds game the attendance was dire to say they only a few miles apart. The away stand was no where near as full as when our proud cherry and white brigade are in town.

I've said it before, all the other clubs rub their mucky little hands with glee when its the Wigan fixture at their club because we have an outstanding away support. Well done to you all, the rest of the league are miles behind us and are green with envy.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews wrote:Maybe Geoff, but like most of the other SL teams, bar maybe Wire & HKR, their away support is disgraceful.

Even for the Huddersfield v Leeds game the attendance was dire to say they only a few miles apart. The away stand was no where near as full as when our proud cherry and white brigade are in town.

I've said it before, all the other clubs rub their mucky little hands with glee when its the Wigan fixture at their club because we have an outstanding away support. Well done to you all, the rest of the league are miles behind us and are green with envy.
Very much so, Josie! Not sure if I'll be able to get to the Celtic game, but I know a lot of us will! Should be a good day out, I love the area, even if it is a bit of a pain to get to.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Maybe Geoff, but like most of the other SL teams, bar maybe Wire & HKR, their away support is disgraceful.

Very much so, Josie! Not sure if I'll be able to get to the Celtic game, but I know a lot of us will! Should be a good day out, I love the area, even if it is a bit of a pain to get to.
I'm going with my man, going for 3 days/2 nights staying in Porthcawl on the sea front. Looking forward to it and hope the weather is good. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I say we boycott the Celtic game 'for a laugh' and get one over on Celtic.

then again, no.

Quins is terrible, whatever they do to attract within their catchment area is pathetic. Every month it seems they have a new ploy whilst their attendances slump.

A positive has to be Catalans Dragons. They have a solid fan base around 7,000 for a 'normal' club game and reach capacity when bigger supported clubs come along. Their stadium is expanding and I reckon they could still fill that or be 80% for when Salford play them. Smaller clubs should have an eye on perpignan.

Poor Widnes. If they were in SL they'd be getting around 7,000+
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal wrote:
Poor Widnes. If they were in SL they'd be getting around 7,000+
They would, but only for the Wigan, Warrington & Saints games... :cool:
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

i believe that wigan sold 11 tickets to CELTIC supporters thats aboost to our club