Wakefield's Ground

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Wakefield's Ground

Post by cpwigan »

south_stander wrote:Its their own fault for giving the free tickets out in the first place..... If given the choice would you pay £10 or £18?????

The man I bought them off was a season ticket holder ,but was given a pair of free tickets, because his son was playing in the kids game that was taking place before kick off. So he sold them on because they were spare!! Its not like I gave the turnstile operator a sneaky little backhander to let me in cheap is it!!
You did nothing wrong
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

Cheers cp.... Thats what i thought :)
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:To be fair they do have NEW plans for a new ground after the original plan collapsed but I do agree. It irks that clubs like Wakey, Saints charge what they do for entrance to sheds/scrap yards.
A new stadium for 4500 fans seems crazy to me. Can you see it improving on that number also.
As Josie said, our reserves game v Saints probably had more people watching at the ground.
I wonder if all this is taken into account when the franchises were handed out.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The world is a crazy place. One would say that a joint stadium for Wakey and Cas is far more sensible as is a single team merged from both clubs but neither will ever happen.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

did Bratfort and Wakey get a job lot for those pigeon houses at the ends of there grounds

i agree with the sentimental views

the old grounds where best

especially for atmosphere
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White