anyone else gonna buy...

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
THE 18th Man

anyone else gonna buy...

Post by THE 18th Man »

the ref radio? on the super league website it says at murrayfield magic you can buy a radio for £5 that lets you listen to the sky sports team or the ref. i for one will be buying one and listening to the refs calls, should be very intresting.

Anybody else getting one?
ste lord

Re: anyone else gonna buy...

Post by ste lord »

I will buy one should be interesting listening!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I had one for the Grand Final a couple of years ago and it was really interesting listening to the constant dialogue between Ref and players.

I think it was Ashley Klein (?) who was reffing that one, and it was pretty surprising just how much they talk to the players, it was almost constant. It also made understanding the decisions that he made a lot easier. You weren't just seeing him indicating what the penalty was for with his hand gestures, but he also explains in a lot more detail to the players why he has penalised them.

If this part of the game is of any interest to you, I would highly recommend it. Come to think of it, even if you aren't that interested, I'd still recommend it. It may prove to be a surprising eye opener.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sky should make this an interactive feature for all games they show on tv, i think alot of viewers would rather listen to what the ref is saying than to what Eddie and Stevo are rattling on about, might make the games a bit more interesting seeing as they have lost the excitement that they used to have
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

The best £5 I have ever spent was the "refs call" i got at the Grand Final when Stains robbed Bradford due to Chris Joynt lying down for a rest but not getting penalised for a voluntary tackle!
I'm pretty good at swearing but Jimmy Lowes was excellent!
You could hear every word and he was spot on.

It is amazing how much the Ref is involved in things that you think are being missed. Earlier in that game there was a bit of messing about from Sculthorpe (if i remember rightly) it wasn't exactly bad stuff it was more the fact that the ref seemed oblivious that was winding the crowd up. Two or three tackles later the ref was next to him in the line and just said...
"Stop being a dickhead, your a better player than that. anymore and its ten"
The few people round me with the ref in one ear had a good laugh and we knew it had been spotted.

A mate of mine has a scanner at every game. I keep saying I am going to get one but then I find another use for my beer tokens.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
turf

Post by turf »

Sutty wrote:I had one for the Grand Final a couple of years ago and it was really interesting listening to the constant dialogue between Ref and players.

I think it was Ashley Klein (?) who was reffing that one, and it was pretty surprising just how much they talk to the players, it was almost constant. It also made understanding the decisions that he made a lot easier. You weren't just seeing him indicating what the penalty was for with his hand gestures, but he also explains in a lot more detail to the players why he has penalised them.

If this part of the game is of any interest to you, I would highly recommend it. Come to think of it, even if you aren't that interested, I'd still recommend it. It may prove to be a surprising eye opener.
That is what I think the referees now should do a lot more of. Out of the current ones, I think there is only Ben Thaler, Steve Ganson and Jamie Leahy that do the bit in bold.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf wrote:
Sutty wrote:I had one for the Grand Final a couple of years ago and it was really interesting listening to the constant dialogue between Ref and players.

That is what I think the referees now should do a lot more of. Out of the current ones, I think there is only Ben Thaler, Steve Ganson and Jamie Leahy that do the bit in bold.
They all do really, turf, it's just that we can't always hear them.
turf

Post by turf »

GeoffN wrote: They all do really, turf, it's just that we can't always hear them.
I know that but out of the ones that do it more than others, there is only the three I have listed above that do so that's all I'm saying GeoffN!!!! :D :D :D
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

never had one of these before, but sounds like a good idea, although am i the only one whose enjoyment of live tv games is being ruined by the referee shouting 'MOVE' at EVERY ruck throughout the game? it's soooo irritating!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

great tool i got 1 at wembley when sts played la cats
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME