Trent Barrett

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Trent Barrett

Post by Shaun1967 »

I was gutted when I found out Trent Barrett was leaving early as he is the only genuine world class player we have seen in Cherry & White in recent years. However, does anyone else think this may have turned out to be for the best?

Cronulla are currently struggling at the bottom of the NRL, and even the commentators remarked today how Barrett's body is struggling to take the knocks these days.

One thing we can say for certain is that if Trent was still here, then Nobby would have enforced his "duty of care" upon Sam who would still be stuck in the reserves.
Although he is the leader we are still lacking, would we have been a much better team this season with Barrett in it or did he leave just at the right time for us?

“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
mike binder

Re: Trent Barrett

Post by mike binder »

if trent was playing we would be in the top 4 end of
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Yes we would. Tommy could have played 9, Sam at 7 on the left his preferred side and Trent on the right. No Piggy.

Cronulla is a very complicated issue. Ricky Stuart is an odd man. Cronulla won games by hardly scoring any points but by being incredibly tough to score against. The effort required to keep winning low scoring games round after round is immense and something you cannot manage forever.

Stuart made some strange decisions. He let a very good hooker leave to Newcastle. In 2009, the Sharks season was gone in virtually the first 2 rounds. Their star fullback/key try scorer and enforcer prop both gone for the season with bad injuries. A young halfback temporarily suspended for off the field misbehaviour.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Yes he did leave too early,We use the word great far too often when describing the abilities of players but this guy is truly a great player and i believe we would have been in the top 6 at least had he stayed.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

mike binder wrote:if trent was playing we would be in the top 4 end of
Wishful thinking. We never held down a top 4 place when he was here.
cpwigan wrote:Yes we would. Tommy could have played 9, Sam at 7 on the left his preferred side and Trent on the right. No Piggy.
They could have played here but quite simply they wouldn't. Noble doesn't have any foresight.
Personally, I think we have a been a better team with O'loughlin in the second row, and Trent at 13 guiding Sam at stand off. This simply wouldn't happen under a coach who is too stuck in his ways.

As I said previously, I was gutted when he left, however had he stayed we wouldn't be seeing Sam Tompkins this season and perhaps not in cherry and white in the future.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Sorry but absolute nonsense..........! Good player but no what eveyone seems to make out IMO
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
RJ

Post by RJ »

Shaun1967 wrote:
Wishful thinking. We never held down a top 4 place when he was here.
cpwigan wrote:Yes we would. Tommy could have played 9, Sam at 7 on the left his preferred side and Trent on the right. No Piggy.
They could have played here but quite simply they wouldn't. Noble doesn't have any foresight.
Personally, I think we have a been a better team with O'loughlin in the second row, and Trent at 13 guiding Sam at stand off. This simply wouldn't happen under a coach who is too stuck in his ways.

As I said previously, I was gutted when he left, however had he stayed we wouldn't be seeing Sam Tompkins this season and perhaps not in cherry and white in the future.
Would not deny Barrett's ability but we didn't see that much of it last season and I can't but agree that Sam Tomkins would probably not have been seen had he stayed.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Bo----ks,Barrett is by far the best number six we have had in more than ten years and i believe with him in the side we would have been up there.It wasnt just how good he was as a player,he also was a good leader and if anyone disputes this name me a better standoff that has played at wigan in the last few years.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

http://www.superleague.co.uk/statistics ... eason=2009

Difference being, Barret kick abit more............???
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote:

Sorry but absolute nonsense..........! Good player but no what eveyone seems to make out IMO
i agree aswell.
IN WANE WE TRUST