Murrayfield attendance

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: Murrayfield attendance

Post by gpartin »

That depends entirely on who gets drawn against who the majority of Hull fans I know who went last year for a local Derby didn't think it was worth it to watch Hull V Castleford for example and I dont blame them.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mike binder wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I guess it shows that the event will attract a minimum level of attendance which is good to know. Perhaps in terms of development, Scottish residents should be offered free tickets.
best idea you have come up with cpwigan post the rfl ,would look better with more in and wouldnt cost them any thing any way
thats because you have a scottish passport mike ,Trots would be a happy man
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

they should play pre season friendlies at different venues wigan v stains at ravenhill ,belfast sounds good to me
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

cherrywarrior wrote:If you didnt go, dont knock it!!!! Twas a brilliant weekend, stop whinging!!!
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

With all the games being shown on Sky I don't think people can really complain about the concept if they can't afford to travel.

From a personal point of view we had a fantastic weekend. Agreed that the stadium is a fair way out of the centre.£6 by taxi, but then there are 5 of us and it meant we got to see most of the Wakefield Bradford game too, rather than walking there!

And can I congratulate Wakefield for that turnout in the North stand! We were proud Wakey fans for the duration of their match.

One of the best atmospheres I can remember in that North stand during our game. And after the game on the concourse and on the ground at the back was one of the best memories in a very good while. Leeds fans joining in with our songs surprised and pleased me very much.

Definitely better than Cardiff stadium-wise (no roof), but agree that Cardiff is better with the stadium so central.

Would like it in a smaller stadium - think the empty seats on TV are counter-productive to the promotion of our game.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

No i dont, I planned and saved up for MONTHS so I could go and enjoy myself that weekend, I dont whinge about having to play Catalan just because I can never get to the south of france, we have to get behind the conecpt as a whole instead of rubbishing the RFL whenever they try and do something new to promote our sport.
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Fantastic weekend, great sport, great sportsmanship. Tannoy was too loud was my only complaint. Speakers were pitchside and I was up in the second tear. Bad advertising spoiled the Scottish attendance. May they continue to come. We had the luck to draw a derby tie. We had the wherewithall to turn them over. Fantastic.
Jim