Michael Dobson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
yoda warrior

Re: Michael Dobson

Post by yoda warrior »

eastmond surely has been earmarked for the saints 7 shirt for some time so don't think they'll be in for myler. i heard on other forums that warrington wanted myler but he was holding out for a move to wigan. he's very young and a partnership with sam t might be a gamble in the short term, but in the long term would be excellent for us. was very impressed with him in the game at the magic weekend, short kicking game is top quality, and he has that ability to glide away from tacklers and find space. he also looks a decent organiser so think he and tomkins would be a good mix.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yoda warrior wrote:eastmond surely has been earmarked for the saints 7 shirt for some time so don't think they'll be in for myler. i heard on other forums that warrington wanted myler but he was holding out for a move to wigan. he's very young and a partnership with sam t might be a gamble in the short term, but in the long term would be excellent for us. was very impressed with him in the game at the magic weekend, short kicking game is top quality, and he has that ability to glide away from tacklers and find space. he also looks a decent organiser so think he and tomkins would be a good mix.
And on his current form, I dont think he will be too much of a gamble in the short term either.
OK, so ST & Myler wont be the largest halves in the game, however, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters. Two tactical players, can both organise, and neither is short of pace.
Both good in the wet too, I believe.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra wrote: And on his current form, I dont think he will be too much of a gamble in the short term either.
OK, so ST & Myler wont be the largest halves in the game, however, it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters. Two tactical players, can both organise, and neither is short of pace.
What bothers me is who would make way for Myler if he did come? Seems to me the only option would be McIlorum, with TL & Piggy here on long-term deals.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

GeoffN wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: And on his current form, I dont think he will be too much of a gamble in the short term either.
What bothers me is who would make way for Myler if he did come? Seems to me the only option would be McIlorum, with TL & Piggy here on long-term deals.
But, to quote "you can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs". I think this would be something that the boards and coaching staff would have to decide between themselves.

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

GeoffN wrote:
By all acounts and little rumours from down under Riddell's wife in perticular is not happy here and wants to return home. If this is true we might have the same scinario as trent, but with not as significant impact on piggy leaving early if indeed he does.

This would sort the problem of one too many players and allow Micky Mac to stay at the club

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

GeoffN wrote:
I fully understand what you are saying Geoff, but surely performances must dictate who plays in the team.
Wigan cant keep including Riddel, if he is having such poor performances people are saying he is having and especially with the current form of MM.
My indication of Myler was from 2010, by then Smith will have gone home and Sam will be playing 6 full time. Hopefully by then it is realised Piggy is just not good enough, so Tommy & MM at 9 with Myler coming at 7.
How long a term contract is Piggy on Geoff.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
GeoffN wrote:
I fully understand what you are saying Geoff, but surely performances must dictate who plays in the team.
Wigan cant keep including Riddel, if he is having such poor performances people are saying he is having and especially with the current form of MM.
My indication of Myler was from 2010, by then Smith will have gone home and Sam will be playing 6 full time. Hopefully by then it is realised Piggy is just not good enough, so Tommy & MM at 9 with Myler coming at 7.
How long a term contract is Piggy on Geoff.
3 years initially, so till the end of 2011.