Tonights evening post

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Tonights evening post

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Lena ... 5272478.jp
The Wigan chairman told the Evening Post: "I talk to Brian every day. We have a very solid working relationship and a very good rapport.
"We have made good strides in the last month.

"It is about results, of course, but Brian will be here to see the fruition of his work."
:doz:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Good god this cannot be true? perhaps I am having another nightmare?Time to start taking the tablets again. :(
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

If this had been posted on the titanic battle thread. I'd respond by saying I've just got a sinking feeling. :(

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Sutty wrote:If this had been posted on the titanic battle thread. I'd respond by saying I've just got a sinking feeling. :(
Just apply ice to it, it'll get better.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Sutty wrote:If this had been posted on the titanic battle thread. I'd respond by saying I've just got a sinking feeling. :(
:lol:
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

GeoffN wrote:
Just apply ice to it, it'll get better.
that went down well ;)
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Fujiman wrote:Isn't McGeegan leaving Wasps at the end of the season. I also read an article about who would be the next coach there (can't remember who they said think it was a Kiwi)and it struck me that they never mentioned edwards. 2+2 = 7 :lol:
Bit in bold correct.

However, from BBC Sport "Tony (Hanks) joins us with immediate effect, leading our pre-season programme as we push for the strongest possible start to next season. He will be joined by Shaun Edwards, post-Lions, who remains as head coach, as well as the new forwards coach, to shortly be announced."

Full story here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 052280.stm
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Ancientbutloyal

Post by Ancientbutloyal »

Re Fujimans earlier comments about Eddy and the wasps situation, see extract below from today's London Evening Standard. Sounds like Eddy's no plans on moving. That said it looks like his options are limited at Wasps, clearly they don't intend to promote him and the new owner of Wasps Steve hayes has just appointed Dallaglio to the Board, apparently best of buddies these 2, sounds like Jobs for the boys. If I was Lennagan I would be picking the phone up and ringing Edwards just to check that he really is happy, if he is feeling Isolated, maybe this could be our chance, say bye to Noble and get Eddy where he really belongs

London Wasps have confirmed New Zealander Tony Hanks has become director of rugby to replace Ian McGeehan, who was axed after four years in charge.

Hanks previously worked with Wasps in 2002 as a technical analyst and assistant coach before returning home to Waikato, helping the provincial to victory in the Air New Zealand Cup in 2006 and the Ranfurly Shield a year later.

Hanks will take over from McGeechan, who is in charge of the Lions summer tour to South Africa.

He will be joined by a new forwards coach, expected to be former England prop Trevor Woodman, who will work alonside present head coach Shaun Edwards.

Hanks said: “I feel very privileged to be appointed as director of rugby of London Wasps. I follow two pretty special coaches in Warren Gatland and Ian McGeechan — two guys I have huge amount of respect for.

“My priorities are to complete the coaching team and our player recruitment ahead of next season.”
Edwards today paid tribute to the departing McGeechan and said: “I consider it an honour and a privilege to have worked with Ian over the last few years. Lots of people said we couldn't continue the success we had had under Warren Gatland. That was proven wrong with three trophies in four years.“We welcome Tony back to Wasps and I am looking forward to the next few years when, hopefully, we can be a power in Europe and Premiership.”

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

cpwigan wrote:
ste lord wrote:i'm allowed to dream!!! :) :)
I share your dream too in a non homo erotic way
steady on old man ,so who bought the pink shirt :D
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

If Noble is offered a new contract that is me done following Wigan Warriors especially dropping Sam Tomkins for tonights match ,This will end 55 years of me watching Wigan Warriors .