Why cant a ref say sorry

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Why cant a ref say sorry

Post by mike binder »

siverwell what ever his name his ,knows hes made a mistake ,but instead of holding his hands up and saying sorry ,(which i would accept) hes blames us for making to much noise and says he never heard the hooter.Well im sure the refs do a test and im sure hearing is 1 of them this is another lame effort froma a ref and another reason wht Scummings should quit as even his hearing teat just dosnr not work.

Plz refs for once take some blamee and say i made a huge mistake sorry.

mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
waterside glens

Re: Why cant a ref say sorry

Post by waterside glens »

feck me ,i heard it and i was in my house (listening on radio humberside whose commentators couldn't believe it either)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I said the same to Rob. If a referee makes a mistake like that one they should acknowledge it in public. I had to smile re Justin Morgan remarking about it "you have to take the rough with the smooth".
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

David Campbell (match commissioner) was asked after the game if he heard the hooter and he said he did hear it, as did the in goal touch judge in the North stand????

And that stand is the noisiest stand in the stadium if there is only 10 in it is louder than the rest of the stands. So if he could hear it, and 13500 supporters heard it over the so called noise, how come Mr Silverwood and the the other touch/in goal judges didn't hear it???

:with: :eh:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Didn't see the incident or hear about it but... Wigan players seemed to stop and 'played to the hooter' allowing KR to play to the whistle. If 13 wigan players effectively stop, at least 7 yards from the ref, why didnt the ref hear it?

The crowd was 13,500 not 25,000 there couldn't have been too much noise - maybe the first time in the JJB's existance this has happened.

what a
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I'm staggered that we are actually debating whether the ref heard the hooter or not. Silverwood IMO is just making a lame excuse. He heard it, I heard it, the other 13500 in the stands heard it. It was that loud hooty noise that happens at the end of each half!! It's bad enough to be on the wrong end of a decision like that but for him to actually publicly say he didn't hear the hooter is borderline criminal.
Nothing will happen, nothing ever does. The inept approach to improving our refs is just as useless as Silverwood's entire display last night. He wasn't biased, just consistently s**t.
I suppose the only thing he could say was that he didn't hear the hooter because otherwise he'd have to admit that he's just incompetent. I'm appalled ...but I bet you figured that already.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

he did hear it ,he knows he done a massive cock up just come out say your sorry or F off back to nat 1
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Why could it not happen v Celts though instead of a game where ever point matters.
Poster

Post by Poster »

Why would we expect him to apologise.
He clearly achieved his objective to me shown by his penalising Pat as offside when Colbon knocked on with Pat not within ten, his constant pulling O'Loughlin at the scrum. topped off by him making Pat lower the kicking tee.

or perhaps it is just me.;
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Poster wrote:Why would we expect him to apologise.
He clearly achieved his objective to me shown by his penalising Pat as offside when Colbon knocked on with Pat not within ten, his constant pulling O'Loughlin at the scrum. topped off by him making Pat lower the kicking tee.

or perhaps it is just me.;
No, I agree he looked biassed to me, but then again we are not exactly neutral on this are we?

I would be interested to see what the tv coverage on BBC and sky say (probably nothing).
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?