Atmosphere at JJB

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Atmosphere at JJB

Post by the pieman »

Is it just me or do we not get behind the team at home like we do at away games

On Friday night I thought the atmosphere was the best its been for a while (1st half) and then when the team really needed us it was flat and the ground virtually empty at the final whistle (fans walking away for best part of the last 10 minutes)
Same against S***** at Easter. We went 6 behind and the crowd went flat, surely this is when they needed us the most

cpwigan

Re: Atmosphere at JJB

Post by cpwigan »

I thought it was decent v KR vgood v Saints and poor the rest of the matches. I was shocked how poor the attendance was and maybe many fans have lost faith etc.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

I thought the 1st half was as good as it gets. Team fully committed and fans behind them, both teams giving it everything

2nd half was flat imo, especially when we went behind, and lacked that killer touch / composure when we really needed it

Crowd was poor, when you consider about 2.5k from KR

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The big difference at home matches is that all the singers/drums are spread out over two stands (the West doesn't count...), where for away games we're all bunched together.

I think the weather will have put off a lot of "casual" fans on Friday.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

I blame the west stand
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Why?
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:I thought it was decent v KR vgood v Saints and poor the rest of the matches. I was shocked how poor the attendance was and maybe many fans have lost faith etc.
Possibly, but more likely many fans are skint. I know that's why I wasn't there on Friday, and why I haven't been to as many games this year. I can't affor the £80:00 to £100:00 it costs me to go to a game.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I thought it was decent v KR vgood v Saints and poor the rest of the matches. I was shocked how poor the attendance was and maybe many fans have lost faith etc.
Possibly, but more likely many fans are skint. I know that's why I wasn't there on Friday, and why I haven't been to as many games this year. I can't affor the £80:00 to £100:00 it costs me to go to a game.
Very true and i daresay you are not on your own.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i think its about time we started playing some games on a sunday as friday is a crazy day to play as lot of people work shifts these days like for example 2-10. are 2nd highest crowd of season was on a sunday against wakey plus you get more away fans travelling. i think quite a few hull kr fans came on friday so they can watch hull fcs premier league game against bolton on saturday.
IN WANE WE TRUST
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the pieman wrote:Is it just me or do we not get behind the team at home like we do at away games

On Friday night I thought the atmosphere was the best its been for a while (1st half) and then when the team really needed us it was flat and the ground virtually empty at the final whistle (fans walking away for best part of the last 10 minutes)
Same against S***** at Easter. We went 6 behind and the crowd went flat, surely this is when they needed us the most
I think the reason it went flat on Friday when we went behind was everyone inside the ground knew we were not going to get back in front. It was the 2nd half of Wakey at home first game of the season all over again.

I think people thought the result was inevitable.

Dave