Wigan lose to wire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Wigan lose to wire

Post by Matthew »

Well that has to be probably the worst refereeing performance I have seen this year by some margin. Clearly trying to take the attention off of Silverwood deafness last week; thaler proves why he isn't a first class referee. Woefully inconsistent, incorrect calls, easily influenced by the crowd, no ten metres, he missed every single high shot that wire (morley) especially threw.

I thought that we would struggle to find a referee worse than klown, but thaler continues the to imitate his master with his ineptness.

Apart from that I thought Wigan were OK - we made thaler's aim of penalizing us easy - although he still managed to make up a few penalties

rat-boy briers clearly tripped Ainscough in the first half much to blind mouse thaler's complete obliviousness.

Thanks to thaler giving eddie's favourite team (sky have got to get rid of that moron asap - but that's another story) field position, we were never able to put any pressure on in the second half which was a pity; because after the first few minutes it looked like being a good match. As it was it was ruined
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
yoda warrior

Re: Wigan lose to wire

Post by yoda warrior »

wasn't the referee's fault, our discipline was not good in the second half. think we got away with alot at the ruck too. the game was there to be won but in that mid part of the second half they ran harder and our bad discipline cost us. our last chance was when coley tried to throw that pass behind him. needed composure at that point.
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

when are we going to accept defeat?it is always the ref that is to blame.never the players
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Wigan struddle to make meters, stu feilden might aswell be full back, andy coley half decent but is a penalty machine and so is Mclorum (spelling) although he is decent, amos roberts is average at best, riddell is crap at best, IAN LANAGAN GET THE HELL OUT OF AUSTRALIA, DO NOT BRING ANY MORE SECOND RATE AUSSIES!!!!!!! Had enough now, this been brewing with me for ages, Wigan makes basic errors that St Patricks don't do! Its embarasing and tell you summin Salford will hammer Wigan next week, you mark my words!!!
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I felt the Ref had a good game until the last 20 and he started to get swayed. Riddell was the only play who i would say performed poorly for us and threw at least 3 blatently forward passes.

Roberts turned my opinion on him and i felt he had a cracker made some very very good descions and looked busy all night. Ainsy gave Noble the excuse he was looking for and wont play again unless of injury. I think Sam T is an outstanding player that chip over if anyone had read it would of resulted in something if he was playing for st helens he would be in the england squad he is lightyears ahead of some of the team a real instinctive rugby player.

On the whole wasn't a bad performance and Wolves i felt were good, mathers showing that a coach can make the difference he looked 100x's safer and saved a certain try from joel. I think we lack weight up front, feilden and coley while neither played badly just aren't making the yardage we need them too. Morley and Carvell were gaining 5-10m after impact about the same was lost by feilden and coley. We need a workhorse prop to make us that hard yardage up the middle until feka enters.

Im not too disheartened it was a good effort from the boys like i said riddell was the only player i thought was poor everyone else pulled their weight i thought sam. t, roberts and hock were my stand outs. Wire are very similar to us a really good team but have never seemed to get it together however now tony smith seems to be having an effect on them.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

roberts was outstanding in defence in the first half, didn't get much chance with the ball though.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Andy Coley's attempt at offload, can anyone tell me why the hell you would try and offload on second tackle, 20 meters from try line??????????

Why the hell did M.Mclorum (spelling) blatantly push a player over that was stood fully upright??????????

I could go on but im getting annoyed again, absolute basic stuff, silly niggles all the time, WIGAN MIGHT ASWELL HAVE VOUCHERS PRINTED 2 FOR 1 ON TRYS cos they give enough away!!!
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
jammie

Post by jammie »

second half clueless going forward,thaler didn't help,wire got away with murder,but we made it easy for him to give the 50/50 penalty decisions to wire,we should have more composior but we never learn,and we find ourselves giving away stupid penalties,which leads to loseing field position,and leads to loseing games and the sooner we learn that lesson the better.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Yes, Thaler was terrible but the fact remains that WE LOST, just like we did last week and just like we have in most games this season.
Tony Smith has already made Warrington a force. Their defence was superb. Meanwhile, Noble has achieved what exactly?? MOST teams are mentally tougher and more disciplined than us.
We're down fighting for 8th/9th/10th and that is more than likely where we will stay until we get a new coach with a new outlook and the ABILITY to prepare a team that's mentally tougher than the opposition.

Totally fed up and sick of Wigan losing. We've had no luck with refs recently but we have to be tough enough to overcome that. For heaven's sake, Lenagan, bite the bullet and get us a coach who inspires, really inspires.

Ted Mac
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

its too easy to blame the ref he could of got wigan for lying on which they were lots in the first half also missed loads of forward passes from riddell he tried to let the game play and as i said until the last 20 mins i thought he was very fair. The game was very tight until we fell off and then our disciplin went to pot. As another poster said we made it too easy to give those 50/50 calls. I feel what seperated the teams was the midfield battle their props outgunned ours all night long they got on top of us and forced us into our own half. We lost to a better prepared and drilled squad the ref didn't cheat us, we just weren't good enough to win the effort was there but the product wasn't you cant win them all and wire are a very very good side at home and ill put this down to coming off 2nd best in a game were either side could of won, we had our chances we didn't take them they had theirs and did.

To say the ref was anything to do with our loss discredits warringtons and wigans effort in what was a very hard and very good game of rugby
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure