Champions league Final

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
OAMJSONA

Champions league Final

Post by OAMJSONA »

How utterly dissapointing United have been . I said when Barca got past Chelsea they would win the final

Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Re: Champions league Final

Post by turf »

You were right as well.

It was a disappointing final in my opinion. I think UTD were afwul after the first 10/15/20 minutes, they were as flat as a witches t*t.

Rooney had possibly his worst game this season. He was shocking. I am sorry if some people on here don't like that comment, but it is true.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

absolutely fantastic! hat off to thierry henry now has only the uefa cup to win and he has the job lot. (arsenal fan)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Other than prior to the first goal, Barcelona were dominant. The Man U midfield looked poor and I am not sure Fergie got his selections righjt. Ronaldo on the wing with Tevez / Rooney up front would have been better. They needed to take the game to Barca but they did not and the Barca midfield played keep ball with them.

Best team won sadly
bluemooners

Post by bluemooners »

Guess we wont be seeing any united shirts being worn for a few weeks pmsl :roll:
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

fergie got his selections wrong, giggs to old to start against 2 best midfielders in the world, in xavi and iniesta, park shouldnt have started, ronaldo is not a centre forward and rooney is not a wide player. rio shouldnt have played imo as he wasnt fit. and it may have been better to play rafael at right back so he could push back barca more. all in all im surprised with fergie making thses decisions, even the greatest managers can get it wrong
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Alex Ferguson got his tactics wrong from the start. Should have gone with the classic 442:

Van Der Sarr

O' Shea
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Ronaldo
Carrick
Park
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

The Barca back-line had never played together before so you would think the first thing Man U would do would be to try and stretch them on the wings, leave Park to use his pace down the middle and Carrick in a holding role to control the game. Instead Fergie went with shoot-on sight Ronaldo up front with a mess of a mid-field.

Been loving all the jokes coming from the Liverpool fans tonight. They quickly forget they lost the title to Manchester United never mind the fact Liverpool have not won anything since 2006.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ancientnloyal wrote:absolutely fantastic! hat off to thierry henry now has only the uefa cup to win and he has the job lot. (arsenal fan)
Didnt know he was coming back to the Gooners.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ancientnloyal wrote:absolutely fantastic! hat off to thierry henry now has only the uefa cup to win and he has the job lot. (arsenal fan)
Uefa cup is no more last one this year
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Didnt know he was coming back to the Gooners.
Sadly it will be a few seasons until Arsenal drop to such levels.

Correct, Europa League next season?

Henry:
World Cup '98
European Cup '00
Champions League
FA Cup
Premiership
Liga
Kings Cup
Serie A

I think he has won the big cups... anyways... Barca are now the team to beat in Europe. Iniesta last night completed 95% of his passes (attacking player) which shows the dominance in midfield by barcelona. I think Fergie missed a trick when Messi dropped into midfield to make it 4,5,1... Evra was meant to mark him but couldn't, allowing
him almost marking nobody at times.

good game, 2-0

(Arsenal next years winners v FC Basle)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame