France v England friendly - fixture clash

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
neilbass

France v England friendly - fixture clash

Post by neilbass »

Just noticed that we have a clash between the international friendly and our game at Celtic on Sat 13th June.

Does anybody know if this means we will lose players to England on this day? (guessing Hock? O'Loughlin?).

Or as we have a SL fixture that day will we be exempted from England selection?
cherrywarrior

Re: France v England friendly - fixture clash

Post by cherrywarrior »

No exemption, we will probably loose Lockers and Hock
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Wondered about Gleeson too, or Coley?

Poor decision to schedule this friendly on a super league weekend.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Happened last season i think. We will lose O'Loughlin and I am guessing that will be it. I imagine the recent elite squad will make 90% of the team. We have Joel tomkins to fill in OLoughlin'srole so all isnt too bad. Plus we have Celtic Crusaders which, if you're a bookmaer, is heavily swayed in Wigans favour for a win.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Plus we have Celtic Crusaders which, if you're a bookmaer, is heavily swayed in Wigans favour for a win.
I'm sure it was for Bradford too though - I'm taking nothing for granted about Celtic at Bridgend (they also held Saints to a 4 point margin?)
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

There are no easy games in the super league anymore but personally I don't mind the fixture clash. In Australia they play Origin and test matches without having breaks and it works for them.

If all the best players are away with England it means that clubs will need to replace them in their squads and hopefully they will look to their academy players which makes a win win situation for English rugby league.

yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

MrDave wrote:There are no easy games in the super league anymore but personally I don't mind the fixture clash. In Australia they play Origin and test matches without having breaks and it works for them.

If all the best players are away with England it means that clubs will need to replace them in their squads and hopefully they will look to their academy players which makes a win win situation for English rugby league.

origin games are played on a wednesday and the players usually back up for their clubs on the weekend. is the celtic match o the same day as the test? if not i would expect our players who are picked for england to play spome part in our match.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

is the celtic match on the same day as the test?
Yeah both Saturday 13th June