Time to Decide I.L

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BIG AL

Time to Decide I.L

Post by BIG AL »

I think it's about time all the dithering and speculation about Brian Nobles future was sorted out.The majority of the voices on this site seem to want him out,but who is the replacement I think IL needes to get it sorted A S A P.I imagine it would have been easy if we had lost in the challenge cup but we didn't and we are now in the semi's which are 9 week of.If IL leaves it till then its quite late in the season and i would think his options of who he brings in start to get limited.with all the big names with experiance both hear and in Australia all ready tied up on contracts.Therefore would an inexperianced first team coach be our only choice , and is that what the fans want.(I could see crys of we want a new coach by easter).I would also imagine that Brian Noble isn't sitting on his hands over this.I know if it was looking like I was loosing my job in 4 months time i would be making enquires elswear,and i have no doubts Brian Nodles agent is already doing this in which case IL is then rushed into a decision
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Time to Decide I.L

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i want him gone.

but i agree: its time for clarification. surely it can't be good for all involved;
overall club
players
board and IL
Fans

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Oh good, just what we need, another get rid of Noble thread.
These have been sorely missed from this site, so glad someone has resurrected.
Gone are those happy days of didn't we play well threads.
Still at least we can look forward to all the lovely happy posts when Nobby names the squad for Friday :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

personally im enjoying noble stewing just like he made higham do, bit of his own medicine there!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

FROM A TO B wrote:Oh good, just what we need, another get rid of Noble thread.
These have been sorely missed from this site, so glad someone has resurrected.
Gone are those happy days of didn't we play well threads.
Still at least we can look forward to all the lovely happy posts when Nobby names the squad for Friday :wink:
A)we're all entitled to our opinions
B ) were's the suggestion is a get rid of noble thread? We're simply debating the effect the speculation has on the club and its stakeholders.

Plank.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Big Al his future has already been decided. It has just not been made public.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BIG AL wrote:I think it's about time all the dithering and speculation about Brian Nobles future was sorted out.The majority of the voices on this site seem to want him out,but who is the replacement I think IL needes to get it sorted A S A P.I imagine it would have been easy if we had lost in the challenge cup but we didn't and we are now in the semi's which are 9 week of.If IL leaves it till then its quite late in the season and i would think his options of who he brings in start to get limited.with all the big names with experiance both hear and in Australia all ready tied up on contracts.Therefore would an inexperianced first team coach be our only choice , and is that what the fans want.(I could see crys of we want a new coach by easter).I would also imagine that Brian Noble isn't sitting on his hands over this.I know if it was looking like I was loosing my job in 4 months time i would be making enquires elswear,and i have no doubts Brian Nodles agent is already doing this in which case IL is then rushed into a decision
Lets hope Lenihan has been talking to prospective coaches, as well as players in Australia, if Noble is to depart Wigan. Either that or maybe Shaun Wayne as peplacement.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Big Al his future has already been decided. It has just not been made public.
Go on then, make it public and we will see if your sources are correct in due course. :wink:

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Big Al his future has already been decided. It has just not been made public.
Go on then, make it public and we will see if your sources are correct in due course. :wink:

Dave
He's out when his contract concludes Dave.

A few weeks ago the option deadline for the club to extend passed and despite Noble trying to manipulate the media, Wigan did not bite. Every rumour linking Noble to this job and that from the Bulls link onwards was instigated by Noble.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sean Long was told last Thursday during discussions about possibly moving to Wigan that Noble would not be the coach at Wigan in 2010.

I am led to believe that Sam Tomkins has signed a new contract / contract extension but it has not been announced yet.