Do we have a sprinter?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Re: Do we have a sprinter?

Post by Matthew »

Let's hope he avoids the wooden spoon...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Did a bit of surfing,
12/1 might be a good bet :)
Quickest- Leon Bott or Scott Donald

Slowest- Tronc (i aggree) or piggy riddell

Strongest- Roy Asotasi or Hutch Maiava

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mini-macca05-04-2005, 01:47 PM
The strongest is Kylie LeuLeui from Manyl... he can benchpress 200kg
The closest to him is carl webb with 165 kgs
Riddell can play more then 20 mins, its just Parramatta have 2 other hookers in PJ Marsh and John Morris...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bunyip21-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Joven Clarke from souths for shore he can run 100 in 10.5 sec

john1821-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Shane Webke would win easy what a waste of time :rolleyes:

As if !!!!!!

Nameless21-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I believe its too hard to pick the fastest player in the nrl. In a football game there are rarely 100m trys scored. Most would be over 40m - 50m max. And over that distance who know who is the fastest. But the MOST CONSISTANTLY FAST PLAYERS over long distances on the footy field would be
- Rhys Wesser
- Brett Stewart
- Amos Roberts

And im sure that one of these 3 is the fastest player in the nrl (that is until Darren Albert joins the sharks then who knows).

Left the top one in as well cos another player gets a mention :angry:
Jim
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

GeoffN wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... print.html
A sprint challenge to find the fastest man in rugby league is to take place at the Carnegie Floodlit Nines at Headingley on August 26.

The competitors will race against each other in full playing kit over a 90-metre course.

Warrington winger Kevin Penny, who is currently on loan to Widnes, has been made the 2-1 favourite by the bookies, following by Scott Donald (Leeds), Dave Halley (Bradford) and Peter Fox (Hull KR).
Who's our quickest over 90 metres? I'd back Ainsy over a shorter distance, but not for that far.
personnaly i do not think we have anyone capable of sprinting over the full length of the pitch
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Post by turf »

OAMJS wrote:
A sprint challenge to find the fastest man in rugby league is to take place at the Carnegie Floodlit Nines at Headingley on August 26.

The competitors will race against each other in full playing kit over a 90-metre course.

Warrington winger Kevin Penny, who is currently on loan to Widnes, has been made the 2-1 favourite by the bookies, following by Scott Donald (Leeds), Dave Halley (Bradford) and Peter Fox (Hull KR).
Who's our quickest over 90 metres? I'd back Ainsy over a shorter distance, but not for that far.
personnaly i do not think we have anyone capable of sprinting over the full length of the pitch
Who would be the nearest to be sprinting the length of the field. Ainscough perhaps?
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

turf wrote:
OAMJS wrote:
Who would be the nearest to be sprinting the length of the field. Ainscough perhaps?
No Turf

Ainscough is a short distant sprinter explosive over 40-50m may be at best
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

turf

Post by turf »

OAMJS wrote:No Turf

Ainscough is a short distant sprinter explosive over 40-50m may be at best
What about when he gets older? Or is that where he will stop at? 40 - 50m? I thought he was quicker that that.

I apologise if I am wrong.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Didnt I read somewhere that Amos was representing us?
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is Cherry

Turf, Ainscough is very muscle bound. His body has been developed in such a way that he is very strong for his size and very fast over the first 10 metres. As the distance increases he fatigues very quickly and his pace after 40 metres drops dramatically. He has very little endurance. He could not for instance run 5000 metres and feel fresh as a daisy afterwards. He would be physically exhausted.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Difficult to tell just how quick Roberts is, because he never makes a break; we've never seen him in a footrace, all his (4) tries have been short range ones. Having seen him fail to finish off half breaks, though, I'm not confident. I don't think he's even attempted to take on an opposing winger for pace.