Matt Orford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Matt Orford

Post by Panchitta Marra »

yoda warrior wrote:orford is a quality half back. his age may count against him but the fact he hasn't played test or origin matches may mean his body isn't as bashed up as most top aussies. don't know how he's managed to not play for australia, remember thinking he was superb at melbourne, they let kimmorley go to keep orford. just shows the depth of quality they have over there.
I watched Cooper Kronk on Fox Sport for Melbourne Storm, Tuesday gone. He looked very fast and strong too. He knows where the try line is for sure.
A plethera of 7's in Australia.
Good to see Baz get his Origin shirt back on again.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
yoda warrior wrote:orford is a quality half back. his age may count against him but the fact he hasn't played test or origin matches may mean his body isn't as bashed up as most top aussies. don't know how he's managed to not play for australia, remember thinking he was superb at melbourne, they let kimmorley go to keep orford. just shows the depth of quality they have over there.
I watched Cooper Kronk on Fox Sport for Melbourne Storm, Tuesday gone. He looked very fast and strong too. He knows where the try line is for sure.
There's a plethera of everything in Australia. The ones who can't cut the mustard are usually sent here!

Orford was outstanding for Manly at the weekend despite suffering a sturnum injury. He reminds me of Andy Gregrory but has a better kicking game and is defensively stronger. The only negative point is his age, but Manly are confident that they can get more out of him hence the reason they are willing to give him a new two year contract. My view is that we should invest in younger talent, therefore Myler and Brough would be on my radar - both Salford and Wakefield need cash and therefore the time is right for IL to splash the cash.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cooper Cronk is a fantastic player PM and by al;l account a great person / professional.

I do think Orford is suited to SL even more than the NRL. Scott Prince likewise. The Gregory comparison is fairly apt IMO.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
There's a plethera of everything in Australia. The ones who can't cut the mustard are usually sent here!

Orford was outstanding for Manly at the weekend despite suffering a sturnum injury. He reminds me of Andy Gregrory but has a better kicking game and is defensively stronger. The only negative point is his age, but Manly are confident that they can get more out of him hence the reason they are willing to give him a new two year contract. My view is that we should invest in younger talent, therefore Myler and Brough would be on my radar - both Salford and Wakefield need cash and therefore the time is right for IL to splash the cash.
You are so right about the ones who cant cut the mustard taking the flight over the big pond to our neck of the wood.
I mentioned Cooper Cronk, as he is only 25, is very direct and strong. He has excellent variation in his play, both carrying the ball & hitting the game line at pace. He is slightly stocky and takes some stopping close to the try line.
Personally though, I would go for Myler, if we have the funds and can keep within the cap restraints.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Matt Orford wont come to the UK.
Warrington were throwing big offers at him over the last six years.
He used Warrington only to get himself improved contract deals in OZ.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

primrose-n-blue wrote:Matt Orford wont come to the UK.
Warrington were throwing big offers at him over the last six years.
He used Warrington only to get himself improved contract deals in OZ.
i thought this clown had been banned?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!