Petition to Ian Lennagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ancientbutloyal

Petition to Ian Lennagan

Post by Ancientbutloyal »

There is clearly a strong body of opinion that Noble has to go, is there anyway we could put together an electronic petition that we could all sign up to and send to Lennagan? Keep it clean and polite but forceful and leave him with no doubt that we want this guy out now!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Petition to Ian Lennagan

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

IL will know.

i noticed on a few occasions Mick Hogan was online last night. obviously browsing the site.
he will have noticed the slight unrest :roll:

i think IL, MH and the rest know our feelings, but i dont see them doing anything about it.

i've said it before about IL:
Business man 1st
Wigan fan 2nd
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

If Lenegan does see Wigan as a business first then surely he can see that Noble his driving is business down the toilet.

The only way to make money from Rugby League is through the fans, the more fans you get the more tickets/merchandises the club can sell.

Wigan is not good value for money and not entertaining and that has been shown by decreasing attendance figures. If Lenegan sacked Noble and appointed a good coach then the attendance figures at the JJB/DW would rocket.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As Bowtun and Dave have said it is the commercial damage being caused by poor playing performance that will force IL to act. I think we have got things better off the field but those guys are P...ing in the wind if the guys on the field are not doing it. It is akin to trying to do a job with your hands tied behind your back.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I would like to petition IL to buy 40 copies of "Simply Rads" and tell the 1st team squad and staff that they will not be able to return to work untill they have read and inwardly digested its contents and then written a series of essay questions on what it is to play for Wigan!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

funny thing is about this noble saga is if whelan was still in charge he would have been sacked by now.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think the revolving door coaching appointment policy of Whelan / Lindsay made IL of the mind not to repeat the same mistake. However, 3 years is enough.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

3years of Brian Noble are enough,he has done little to enhance his reputation and this is our worst season under him.However if anyone thinks that just get rid of Nobby and we will be ok you are fooling yourself.I have repeatedly said that our squad is nowhere near good enough and we need 6 or 7 players bringing in to replace the likes of Smith,Phelps,Carmont(who was fine last year but i think injuries and age have caught up with him)Fielden,Coley,Prescott,Pryce and Hansen.Whover takes over should be an overseas coach because coaches in this country are not au fait with the latest coaching techniques which are constantly changing down under.I have not mentioned Roberts and Riddell,not because i am impressed by them but they have been successful in the toughest league in the world,but unless they improve rapidly then they should also be released.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:I do think the revolving door coaching appointment policy of Whelan / Lindsay made IL of the mind not to repeat the same mistake. However, 3 years is enough.
I think IL has gone out of his way to distance himself from the Mo/Dw way of doing things.

He doesn't put a foot wrong with the RFL, never rocks the boat and he doesn't sack the coach on an apparent whim.

So if he lets Noble see his contract out he can't be accused of a Mo-like sacking can he?

Dave

trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I do think the revolving door coaching appointment policy of Whelan / Lindsay made IL of the mind not to repeat the same mistake. However, 3 years is enough.
I think IL has gone out of his way to distance himself from the Mo/Dw way of doing things.

He doesn't put a foot wrong with the RFL, never rocks the boat and he doesn't sack the coach on an apparent whim.

So if he lets Noble see his contract out he can't be accused of a Mo-like sacking can he?

Dave
No Dave and we cant see him having the club or the teams best interest at heart either never mind giving a stuff about the fans who are lining his pocket with THEIR hard earned cast either

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx