Reward for Underperforming

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Poster

Reward for Underperforming

Post by Poster »

good to know that prior to Saturdays defeat the players knew they were getting a week off and this remains so, with the majority jetting off on holiday.I bet this has KR dithering in their boots.
cpwigan

Re: Reward for Underperforming

Post by cpwigan »

Duty of Care :D
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'm not sure cancelling the players break would make good motivational sense. They probably don't 'deserve' it but flogging them over a cancelled week now isn't perhaps the best way forward. If I was underperforming at work and got leave cancelled off the back of it, I'd probably be simmering a bit of resentment and rightly or wrongly feel hard done to.

This is rubbish though isn't it? Making excuses for this shower.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Let's hope that IL sends Noble on 'gardening leave'!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The week-off has given Lenegan the prefect opportunity to sack Noble.

The defeat to Celtic shows Noble is clearly not up to the task but Lenegan would have an extra week to find a replacement or if a replacement is found an extra week for a new coach to work with the squad.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don't think this is a reward for underperforming as the title implies.

What you all forget is that the team started a week before everyone else to allow the pitch to be maintained, Wakefield also have a week off, is this a reward for them? albeit they did win at the weekend!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

win or lose, I would surmise this week off was arranged months ago and players planned / paid for holidays well in advance of last weekend so you simply cannot cancel the week off at the last minute.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:win or lose, I would surmise this week off was arranged months ago and players planned / paid for holidays well in advance of last weekend so you simply cannot cancel the week off at the last minute.
Yes it was CP, so, as you say, plans cannot be changed because of the loss at the weekend
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan