Smith to switch codes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Smith to switch codes

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 108796.stm

Leeds Rhinos' versatile England international Lee Smith will quit the club at the end of the season, and is expected to switch codes.

The 22-year-old has told the champions he will not be renewing his contract when it expires in November.

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Wigan_forever1985

Re: Smith to switch codes

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

yet another star goes to the rah rah's. I wont begrude any player who opts for this as the money is normally so much better, in a career that can be over in any tackle its a no brainer. RFL need to get some more money into our sport if we ever want it to succeed on a mass level.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:yet another star goes to the rah rah's. I wont begrude any player who opts for this as the money is normally so much better, in a career that can be over in any tackle its a no brainer. RFL need to get some more money into our sport if we ever want it to succeed on a mass level.
Agree but i think the rfl has just said that the salary cap is going to remain at the current level.
jammie

Post by jammie »

apparently going to wasps,these jokers that so called run our game from red hall havn't got a clue,it will only hit home when we have no good players to pick from for gb/england,and they will start a debate as to were it went wrong,GET OUT OF OUR GAME YOU ARE KILLING IT BY STRANGULATION WITH THE SALARY CAP YOU ARE PINCHING MONEY,HAND IT OVER TO PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO RUN THE GAME AND NOT PRETENDING THEY DO.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We should have signed Smithy last year!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We certainly should. A very talented FB IMO.

Great shame the code is losing him.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:We should have signed Smithy last year!
We have not got the common sense to move at the appropriate time.As of late we seem to be on the back foot when a talented player is available ie last season.It seems that we will be missing out on Carl Webb.Yet another farce by IL and co. :conf:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Can't stand him, jumped up narky little turd from the same mould as Chris Ashton. Rah Rah is welcome to him.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Fujiman wrote:
Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:yet another star goes to the rah rah's. I wont begrude any player who opts for this as the money is normally so much better, in a career that can be over in any tackle its a no brainer. RFL need to get some more money into our sport if we ever want it to succeed on a mass level.
Agree but i think the rfl has just said that the salary cap is going to remain at the current level.
I understand that it was the clubs that voted to keep the cap at the same level.
The problem is that there are a number of clubs who are some way off spending their entire cap allowance, so they won't want it increased as they don't have the revenue to spend any more.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would be interested to see how Wigan voted.