Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Gareth Hock

Post by cpwigan »

Please be very careful what you post about Hock and the pending announcement that will confirm he has tested positive for cocaine.

Personally I am devestated from a selfish point of view that for me, He is/was our best player alongside Lockers.

Do apply common sense when posting.
shevington

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by shevington »

I am very dissappointed but not one bit surprised by this.

Will he be banned for RL or just released from Wigan?

A very dissappointing day for WRLFC.

:(

Shevington I have edited your post. we have to be very careful. Think what you want privately but publically Mike has to be safeguarded re liable laws.
02rinman

Post by 02rinman »

i cannot believe he has done this, what a stupid thing to do, i expect he will get at least a 2 year ban
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Does this mean that it's official then?

He's a very, very silly man. He could have had the World at his feet with some good coaching and a little bit more experience :(

cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

innocent until proven guilty, nobody knows this is true yet as there has been no announcement has there? lets just see before we all slate one of our current best players
shevington

Post by shevington »

check the wigan official site... it is on there.

complete and utter idiot.

they should test the lot of the team, would be interested to see how many players we would have left.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There will be a club announcement ASAP.

Hock was tested positive v Salford. All players being selected for England were tested the week prior.

N.B Hock has been tested 8 or 11 times in the past 2 years and always come back clean.

Unfortunately, he has been stupid and will be banned from sport for 2 years once his B sample comes through and have his contract terminated.
shevington

Post by shevington »

career over for hock.

cumbria_warrior

Thats all we need, starting to lose a bit of faith in the players at the min, looks like there are one or two prima donas who think they are bigger than the club and RFL. Fair enough all players have a life too but surely professional rugby league is more than just a job, very dissapointed, The chairman now needs to do something to restore the faith of the fans. :exc: :exc: :exc:
cumbria_warrior

What is the B:sample test anyway? also what happens if this is clear?