Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wrighty13

Shaun Edwards

Post by wrighty13 »

What about Gizmo ??
yeh i know he hasnt been involved in League for a good while but would still do a great job !!
Plus he has the club at heart and would im sure get the best out of our players.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wrighty - no chance! He is making too much money in RU. Why would anybody exchange coaching Wasps, Wales and the British Lions for coaching an average team like Wigan? The only reason I can find is that he is a Wigan lad through and through and he will be squirming given the predicament we are in.

Could he do the job? In my opinion, no problem.

But unless IL can turn the culture of the club around then it wouldn't matter if Wayne Bennett was appointed as coach we would still languish in the lower half of the table.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote: But unless IL can turn the culture of the club around then it wouldn't matter if Wayne Bennett was appointed as coach we would still languish in the lower half of the table.
That sums it up in a nutshell! Its an entire culture and attitude change which is needed and I don't see it happening any time soon!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:Wrighty - no chance! He is making too much money in RU. Why would anybody exchange coaching Wasps, Wales and the British Lions for coaching an average team like Wigan? The only reason I can find is that he is a Wigan lad through and through and he will be squirming given the predicament we are in.

Could he do the job? In my opinion, no problem.

But unless IL can turn the culture of the club around then it wouldn't matter if Wayne Bennett was appointed as coach we would still languish in the lower half of the table.
It appears that IL is a major part of the culture of the club (good or bad). If Wayne Bennett was the coach then I am sure he would have things (culture) just as they should be.
A top 4 team for starters, I would think.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I think Shaun Edwards as Wigan coach isn't as far fetched as some people think. In his rugby union coaching career with Wasps he has won the English Championship, Anglo-Welsh Cup, Heineken Cup, European Challenge Cup. With Wales he has been part of a Six Nations Grand Slam winning team. Now with the Lions he is on tour in South Africa.

He has achieved a lot in his Rugby Union career, the only thing missing is the World Cup. Unfortunately for Shaun I don't think he will ever become Wales RU coach and the England RU team probably won't employ him.

At some point he will want to see how good a coach he is in Rugby League. I'm hoping 2010 and Wigan Warriors is the right time and the right place for Shaun Edwards.