DEVERE SET FOR WARRIORS MOVE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TRICKY DICKY

DEVERE SET FOR WARRIORS MOVE

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

MICHAEL DEVERE IS SET TO JOIN THE WARRIORS.

This is the type of player we need. Reported 4 yr deal.

Player Zone - Michael De Vere

Date of Birth: December 11, 1976
Height: 186cm (1.86m)
Weight: 96kg
First Grade Games: 161
Tries: 64
Goals: 403
Field Goals: 0

Michael De Vere had arguably the best season of his career in 2003, capped off by his inclusion on the Kangaroo Tour to the UK, playing in two Tests to follow his debut against New Zealand in October. De Vere played in all three games for New South Wales, playing crucial roles in both the victories that earnt the Blues their first series win since 2000.

De Vere became the Broncos' most prolific pointscorer in 2003, scoring 186 points to take his career total to 900, and the consummate professional will continue to rack up the points in 2004 and should be the first Bronco to pass the magic 1000 mark in the second half of the season.

He has gone from strength to strength in 2004, retaining his place in the Test side for the ANZAC Test, and, although in odd circumstances, retaining his spot for New South Wales.

After 12 rounds of the competition, De Vere was the leading pointscorer in the NRL. An invaluable player and one who continues to grow and mature as one of the sport's premier outside backs.

News and Features

What's luck got to do with it?

Photo Gallery

ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
MrsLam

Re: DEVERE SET FOR WARRIORS MO...

Post by MrsLam »

I read today that wigan rl are denying any links with Devere.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
pie_eater_uk

Re: DEVERE SET FOR WARRIOR...

Post by pie_eater_uk »

I heard today he was going Hull FC next week
dancer

Post by dancer »

Not a player I would love to see in a Wigan shirt. He is a solid player, not got great pace or side step, hes not particularly strong to say he a big bloke. He is just reliable, hes better than Aspinwall and Hodgson etc, but he isnt worth fillng a spot on the quota. If we get a centre he needs to be a world beater, otherwise go with Aspinwall and kevin Brown next season.
redhead

Post by redhead »

Personally I would stick with Kev and Asp next year and see if Gasnier is coming or not depends what he deciding to do (wouldnt surprise me if he stayed put after playing Origin)...I think these two are pretty good young prospects and would rather have them than and average Oz.
the little walnut
dancer

Post by dancer »

That was my point exactly, like i said, if we get a new centre he needs to be top drawer otherwise stick with Aspinwall and Brown.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Kev Brown is a stand off
dancer

Post by dancer »

I know this, is he going to get in at stand off ? no he isnt. He has been doing very well in the centre and in the Challenge Cup final he had a storming game, thats the only position he will get into the team unless we have injuries at halfback. I think that will be his best position.
He does what I like to see a centre do, if he makes a break he immediatly looks to see where his wingman is and what cover is coming across, then he makes the decision of whether to go it alone or look to set up the winger. He has the pace to be a centre as he showed in the final, he went round both Sean long and Martin Gleeson, and he definatly has the ball skills.
redhead

Post by redhead »

Ye.p Im with you on this Dancer although his preferance is stand off he has been playing out of his skin at centre and may have a problem getting a game at stand off as we have that covered but whichever he is a great player and look forward to seeing him back.
the little walnut
dancer

Post by dancer »

Wow somebody agreed with me :D