A great Captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

A great Captain

Post by cpwigan »

Leadership is what Lockers showed tonight in abundance.

Great defence, awesome workrate, nice passing/running. When many of the experienced pros in the team were awful Lockers stood tall tonight and was the one senior pro who matched the 3 young player.

A great player and a great captain.
Sutty

Re: A great Captain

Post by Sutty »

His enthusiasm when Wheeldon knocked on in the second half summed it up for me, good to see that.

white elephant

Post by white elephant »

It has upset me in the passed when people have attacked his role as captain but i think he is a very good player and a good leader. He gets stuck in and leads from the front he is a very nice lad too saw him down in wales and even though he was out and not playing he was up for a photo or two with the young fans. he is a very good role model to for the young players too!!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Somebody I think Newton gave it some niggle in a tackle but Lockers sorted him the next tackle. He is a winner and a fighter IMO.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I think Rads sums him up well in his book, saying it's all the little things that he does well that makes him a good captain. Rads also says that not all good captains have to shout and swear at their players after a try in conceded, a la Faz or Edwards.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I must admit he was awesome tonight, he is growing into that captain role i know i have been one of the guys who has said he shouldn't be in the past but hands up this season ill admit i was wrong and he is turning into a fastastic captain. He's starting to come into his own as a player i still think that macca and sam are helping him they have brought a new level of playmaker into the squad so he can focus on his game more. Maybe in the past the reason (incorrectly admittedly) i have come down hard on him is he was trying to do roles for other people aswell as his role. I think when sam's in the team we see the best of lockers. He doesn't have to be the primary playmaker he can chime in 2nd or 3rd reciever and make a real difference. Was a flawless performance tonight proud of him
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

anyone think he could be a shout for Man of Steel???
WIGAN TILL I DIE

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Always rated OLoughlin and always said he is our captain and should be. A Wigan lad he does the talking on the pitch. I think him having his injury and the mad week in Wigan he know's that he is THE senior player now Hock is no more. Captain XIII
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

What I liked is that we needed him to step up with the Hock situation and he did. So fair play to the lad
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Never give him one bit of credit at start of season and I called him worse than mud, But Shaun I stand corrected, true dedication has shone through you showed tonight why you are captain of the greatest rugby team in the world, well done