Went camping at weekend

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gillysmyhero

Went camping at weekend

Post by gillysmyhero »

in pooley bridge near ullswater and couldnt beleve how many people i saw waering wigan shirts i saw knocking about.
Sutty

Re: Went camping at weekend

Post by Sutty »

I was up there at the weekend as well, Gilly. You didn't stay on Park Foot did you? I forgot my sleeping bag, I remembered my wifes and our daughters but forgot my own, doh! :blush:

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Sutty wrote:I was up there at the weekend as well, Gilly. You didn't stay on Park Foot did you? I forgot my sleeping bag, I remembered my wifes and our daughters but forgot my own, doh! :blush:
Sutty i did stay on park foot on the overfloor field down near the lake.Well at least it was a warm night and you didnt freeze to death.
:D
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I know where you mean, we were on the field at the top of the site, up the road at the side of reception.

Like you say, lucky it was a warm one, although I did wake up a bit chilly at 04:00, we'll be going back there soon hopefully, weather permitting. :)

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Yes so will we,like you say weather permitting.It was the 1st time my wife and daughter have been camping and they both enjoyed it.So much so that my 5yr old daughter had a sit in protest because she didnt want to go home.Did you see the triathlon ?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I know what you mean, our daughter is 5 in September and she wouldn't come out of a neighbouring tent where she had been playing with another little girl, when we told her we were leaving.

I missed the triathlon, I'm gutted. I didn't even know there was one on to be honest. I would have liked to see that, maybe picked up a few pointers for the triathlon that I'm taking part in in September.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i went parkfoot at weekend aswell. there was 8 of us and stayed on field near shop called shop field 2 or something like that but it had toilets on. one ofd best weekends ive had except i couldnt believe how many midgies there was and got eat a few times.
IN WANE WE TRUST
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

eccywarrior wrote:i went parkfoot at weekend aswell. there was 8 of us and stayed on field near shop called shop field 2 or something like that but it had toilets on. one ofd best weekends ive had except i couldnt believe how many midgies there was and got eat a few times.
eccy did you have a your wigan top on ?
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Sutty wrote:I know what you mean, our daughter is 5 in September and she wouldn't come out of a neighbouring tent where she had been playing with another little girl, when we told her we were leaving.

I missed the triathlon, I'm gutted. I didn't even know there was one on to be honest. I would have liked to see that, maybe picked up a few pointers for the triathlon that I'm taking part in in September.
Your a braver man than me if your taking part in one of those.They did a 1.2 mile swim in the lake,then a 56 mile cycle & then a 13 mile run.

Im doing the manchester to Blackpool bike ride on the 12th July thats just 60 miles and thats enough for me.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I've done the Manchester - Blackpool a couple of times, it's really good if you get the weather for it. Although I did it a few years ago and it rained all the way, and to make things worse, we were riding straight into a strong wind from Standish all the way to Blackpool.