Tonights game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Tonights game

Post by KOOCH »

Well done lads cracking performance.Not much from pryce though.Unfortunately could not make the game so had to listen to the prat eddie on sky.Well done to Salford also. :D :eusa2: :eusa2:
ultimate warrior

Re: Tonights game

Post by ultimate warrior »

Well done tinght Wigan. Good performance, just what was needed.

Credit must go out to Quins, they never gave in even when down to 12 men.

Also made even better by Salford beating Saints.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Credit where Credit is due; a great team performance. The hock issue may not turn out to be as bad as we thought, i noticed that tonight we were going from left to right from left to right rather than constantly going down the left. Sometimes having a superstar in your team can have the negative effect that you always err towards his side of the pitch to try and get him involved in the play.

My stand outs were; Sam, Amos, Bailey and Lockers until he went off. THe whole team played well though i get the feeling Pat has a slight ijury his kicking and jumping where sub par, maybe he was being a bit cautious. Pryce was what i expect from a player thats not played much first team, got in the way twice but didn't do anything else particulary wrong just didn't look quite up to speed. Riddell was busier than he has been till now but not enough for him to turn me to a fan.

But tonight i dont want to write anything negative becuase it was a great game for us and a great win so im going to enjoy it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

ultimate warrior wrote:Well done tinght Wigan. Good performance, just what was needed.

Credit must go out to Quins, they never gave in even when down to 12 men.

Also made even better by Salford beating Saints.
What kind of team did stains put out tonight was it same as they did against brdfud a few seasons ago, rest up there gd players for the cc semi perhaps. not very fare play is it :conf:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

trotski_tgwu wrote:What kind of team did stains put out tonight was it same as they did against brdfud a few seasons ago, rest up there gd players for the cc semi perhaps. not very fare play is it :conf:
1. Paul Wellens; 2. Ade Gardner, 13. Chris Flannery, 19. Chris Dean, 5. Francis Meli; 18. Kyle Eastmond, 7. Sean Long; 15. Bryn Hargreaves, 14. James Roby, 10. James Graham, 28. Matty Ashurst, 16. Tony Puletua, 11. Lee Gilmour.
Subs: 17. Paul Clough, 23. Maurie Fa’asavalu, 24. Andrew Dixon, 27. Jamie Ellis.

The cup match is weeks off isn't it?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Sean Long suspect broken jaw. Lets hope for a speedy recovery.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Good all round performance - finally decided to start playing "proper" rugby, instead of the usual boring possession/completion tactics.

Much improved performances from Riddell (though we still look better when McIlorum's on) & Roberts. Fielden still our 4th best prop, but at least he's cut out the mistakes. Lovely creativity from both halves, on the back of a good front row showing from Prescott & Coley. Pryce didn't do much, again, but didn't do much wrong either.

Sam T deserved MoM, if only for whatever he said to Ganson!

trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

robjoenz wrote:Sean Long suspect broken jaw. Lets hope for a speedy recovery.
In that case robjoe i take it all back and very well done to salford, would luv to buy the player a drink who landed one on spawn long :lol: :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The kid with the broken arm... hope he/she makes a nice recovery (could they not walk off?) anyway a good game sat in top right south stand corner nice perch. Lulu did tremendous to make the try with 3 defenders on him.

Team played well Roberts vastly improved since last week.

a win is nice but we need CONSISTANCY
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

ancientnloyal wrote:The kid with the broken arm... hope he/she makes a nice recovery (could they not walk off?) anyway a good game sat in top right south stand corner nice perch. Lulu did tremendous to make the try with 3 defenders on him.

Team played well Roberts vastly improved since last week.

a win is nice but we need CONSISTANCY
Spot on well said!!!! :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

The cards from Ganson (who had a good game):

The red was for an act of thuggery, end of.

The yellow for little Tomkins, hhhhhmmmmmmm, I can only think it was for something said, to Ganson, because we all know Mr Ganson has a zero tolerance policy on dissent.