B-Sample is Positive: Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

Re: B-Sample is Positive: Hock

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:Folks I have deleted 3 posts. Please take care KW. It is actually the site owner who gets it if liable is published and ignored.
Thanks for that, I see one of mine, highlighting an unsubstantiated comment has gone, and I am pleased, I highlighed the comment as I thouht it could cause a few legal issues.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

When all is said and done Hock is a human being first and a RL player second.He has been stupid and deserves all he gets. Perhaps however,whether he plays the game again is not the main issue,and i just hope the lad can get himself away from drugs and get his life back on track.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

I wonder if the RL can or will step in re the rehab programme mentioned in Dave's post. Smith certainly seems interestred in maintaining a link as England coach,( or for first dib if Hock returns.) As put several times a huge investment is already made in Garreth. Would be a tragic waste to write it off. However it would only be a clean return if a return was possible,
Jim
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

medlocke wrote:If it had been Colbon instead of Hock would anyone want to keep him involved with the club so we could have him back after the ban, i doubt it, the fact is Hock has been a nuaghty boy and been caught, if this had been any random bloke on the street the majority of posters on here and other websites would be calling the guy scum, it takes the wee really, we should have nothing further to do with Hock. Look at Ryan Hudson did he get any support from anywhere, and what about Martin Pearson, he got found out when he were dropping E's did Halifax bother about him when he was banned, the answer is no, and for the naive posters who have no real experience with the drug world, Hock will do it again, it isn't a shame, theres no need to worry about him, fact is he is trouble and every one knows this, he couldn't leave his past behind and he never will, i doubt he will be seen in the world of profesional RL again, you'll probabley have more chance seeing him with a running nose down King stret,
:eusa2:

PM from CPW coming up for bad mouthing his love child.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

GeoffN wrote:As I understand it, we can retain his registration, even though he's not playing (as Bradford did with Pryce when he went to Union).

If he can stay clean, and stay fit, I'd want to see him back at the end of his 2 years. In any walk of life, once a sentence is served, it should be a clean slate, the punishment shouldn't go on for ever, otherwise why not make it a lifetime ban from the start?
Dear me Geoff how standards have slipped at a once great club if this should happen.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DOD calm down I will send you my autographed photo. Sorry I forgot :inlo:

Everybody knows RL, most sports are hypocritical. Tell us something we do not know. On a weekly basis the no name lower league player gets a raw deal from the judiciary and whether some like it or not clubs will be fighting to sign Hock if he looks after himself during his ban.

Wigan RLFC is not moral icon. We still play Feka, we had a chief executive who got dropped from a GB tour for an off field incident. Jon Clarke?

However, players can learn. Not every player goes the way of Green Vigo. Lookl at Wendell Sailor in Aus. Same offence as Hock and yet is now on his return far more popular and a far more rounded individual.

No doubt you will be holding a ban Feka placard tonight DOD?

:wink:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

We hire players for an agressive sport. Hense they are aggressive. Fika hit a guy that was in his and other players faces. Even he tried to retract the charge but police continued it. Control is the key eliment required. There is a big difference re fika anf pryce who went looking, Jim
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave wrote:
GeoffN wrote:As I understand it, we can retain his registration, even though he's not playing (as Bradford did with Pryce when he went to Union).

If he can stay clean, and stay fit, I'd want to see him back at the end of his 2 years. In any walk of life, once a sentence is served, it should be a clean slate, the punishment shouldn't go on for ever, otherwise why not make it a lifetime ban from the start?
Dear me Geoff how standards have slipped at a once great club if this should happen.
I fail to follow your logic, DoD. Worldwide sport is full of athletes who have served a drugs ban and returned; why should we be any different?

If a life ban was in the rules, then fair enough, but why should Hock be treated any differently to all those others, just because he played for Wigan?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

When the ban comes into place he is initially banned for from 6 months to 2 years in the case of Hock 2 years . When the ban is in place Hock can be randomley tested at any time whilst he is serving the ban if the test is positive he then serves a LIFETIME ban.
pedro

Post by pedro »

highland convert wrote:We hire players for an agressive sport. Hense they are aggressive. Fika hit a guy that was in his and other players faces. Even he tried to retract the charge but police continued it. Control is the key eliment required. There is a big difference re fika anf pryce who went looking, Jim
not really, police continued it due to evidence eg CCTV. Only difference is 1 had previous the other didnt.