Saints v Wakey

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Saints v Wakey

Post by Shaun1967 »

Just watched the Grix try in the corner for Wakey where Wellens claims to the ref he was elbowed.
Alibert clearly says to him "no, it was his hand" and asks the video ref (Ganson) to check the grounding.
What does Ganson do?
Puts a replay up on the big screen of the incident with Wellens before awarding the try.
Wellens for once may have a point, but Ganson's attitude in undermiming a fellow Super League ref shows the lack of respect he has for others in the game.

Interestingly it happened at a Saints home game.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
jimofwigan

Saints 20 Wakefield 22

Post by jimofwigan »

Must beat Bradford now to get back to 5th :D
jaws1

Re: Saints v Wakey

Post by jaws1 »

If you watch the replay Demetriu comes in with the flat of the hand it is the action of Wellens trying to force the arm up that his elbow comes into the face.KFC should be brought before the judiacary for his deliberate punch .
ian b

Post by ian b »

just watched it aswell shaun and i wouldnt expect any less from ganson he is a tosser.What i did notice was how niggley stains get and i reckon kc should have walked for striking.I also think alibert was biased towards them aswell and they still lost,oh happy days :D
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

that was cowardly by cunningham, saints had the ref with them and still lost. think the penalty count was 10-2 in saints favour and still lost. good times :D
gillysmyhero

Re: Saints 20 Wakefield 22

Post by gillysmyhero »

jimofwigan wrote:Must beat Bradford now to get back to 5th :D
Yes we do but its still nice when the stains loose. :D
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I may be jumping the gun here, but I believe Saints are now where we were a few years ago.
True, Saints have some good players coming through in Eastmond, Lomax, & Dean.
However, these are good players replacing great players. We know what this leads to better than anybody.
Perhaps more tellingly, Saints (and Leeds) have replaced very good coaches with good coaches.

They have already lost Sculthorpe and are losing Long. Cunningham & Wellens have no more than one good season left in them. Judging by Wellens recently, he hasn’t got a good half left in him. Bet him and Fielden are so glad they tested themselves in Australia.
Leon Pryce never had the courage to test himself while he was over there. He isn’t the man to stand up when the going is tough. Ade Gardner looks to have all the confidence of Amos Roberts.
These are huge gaps to fill.

I only wish I could end this post off by listing the positive signs at Wigan that are going to help us catch up.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
ian b

Post by ian b »

Again i have to agree with you Shaun,but i said that stains would struggle soon because the back bone of the club were being pentioned off and players like roby will get found out when fatty retires!! :D and like you say wellens looks poor and i still say as a fullback he is one of the slowest i have seen in 25 years.I said when potter came it would go belly up,not because he is a bad coach but like you say he isnt as good as some they have had.And finally a great team gells and they dont have the best players in all positions but the players they have compliment each other.Oh i pray it is going wrong for them :eusa10:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be fair I think Ganson was fair and honest in his decisions. Not convinced Terry is a good referee.

Split loyalty. A Saints win would have been better for us but Saints getting beat is always good to see. I cannot figure Saints out. Unless he is injured, Foster their young reserve centre/winger is as good a kicker as botica was. Surely, he would be better playing wing and kicking for them. Wellens was abysmal.
cherrywarrior

Re: Saints 20 Wakefield 22

Post by cherrywarrior »

woohoo saints lost!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!