kyle eastmond not as good as sam tompkins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mitch2k9

kyle eastmond not as good as sam tompkins

Post by mitch2k9 »

i thought eastmond was poor against wigan couldn't understand all the plaudits he was getting off stevo and mike.but that's just my oppinion.
GeoffN

Re: kyle eastmond not as good as sam tompkins

Post by GeoffN »

mitch2k9 wrote:i thought eastmond was poor against wigan couldn't understand all the plaudits he was getting off stevo and mike.but that's just my oppinion.
They gave Sam MoM though.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Both excellent young players
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think and i say this as a rugby fan not a wigan fan sam tompkins is one of if not the best half back in the league. There are areas where others are better but i dont believe that anyone matches up across the board. There is literally no weakness in tomkins game really, he's amazing in defence, great kicking, passing and running game.

however eastmond is a good player with breath-taking turn of pace, him and sam would make an excellent combo for england but myler may disagree with me
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Both excellent young players
Eastmond possibly has half a yard of pace off the mark on Sam, but would like to see them trap together to prove this.
Eastmonds defence is not in the same class as Sam's, neither is his vision on the pitch, as to other players movements.
Eastmond will be found out faultering more than Sam will.
All in my opinion of course.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree with CP both great players but each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
mark webster?

Post by mark webster? »

Eastmond is a young head on a young body. Sam is an old head on a young body there's the difference between Eastmond aswel as Myler, Sam reads the game ten times better than they do.

Also My mate is on Saints academy, and Eastmond has very tight shoulder tendons and requires very strict physio (problem is similar to Ricky Hattons with his elbows) that's why he's always seen defending outside strong defenders, so that's my doubt of him being one for the future.
Can't whack a good pint.
LKC29

Post by LKC29 »

On friday Sam PLayed him off the field. But it is good news that we have got home grown half backs of this calibre comming through to the future international stage
turf

Post by turf »

Sam Tomkins is better than Eastmond in my opinion.