Academy this Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Academy this Friday

Post by cpwigan »

Rather than the normal Saturday for obvious reasons. 7:30 v Cas. Good way to spend early Friday evening.
cpwigan

Re: Academy this Friday

Post by cpwigan »

BUMP
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Rather than the normal Saturday for obvious reasons. 7:30 v Cas. Good way to spend early Friday evening.
Any idea of a team line up?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Rather than the normal Saturday for obvious reasons. 7:30 v Cas. Good way to spend early Friday evening.
Why, what's happening on Saturday? Another fans forum?
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

20-0 up about 10 mins ago.
IN WANE WE TRUST
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Strewth whatever anybodt ever says about Wiganers, people from Cas are off the scale. There were a few there, vocal, obnoxious, abusive to Wigan players who stood near them.

Wigan won 32-4. Should have been more. Cas made numerous high tackles spared on by their Rabid fans.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Strewth whatever anybodt ever says about Wiganers, people from Cas are off the scale. There were a few there, vocal, obnoxious, abusive to Wigan players who stood near them.

Wigan won 32-4. Should have been more. Cas made numerous high tackles spared on by their Rabid fans.
Sorry Cp you must of done the Wigan Walk, I didn't see you sneaking out :wink:

Wigan won 36 Castleford 8
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I must have mis counted. I stayed until the referee signalled the end. You were hopefully sat in the stand. The Cas fans on the opposite side were diabolical. The Wigan players were bemused by the abuse the Cas fans gave them whenever they stood near them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tries scored by - Josh Charnley 2, Iain Thornley, Ryan King, Jack Murphy & Kieran Harrison

Goals - Jack Murphy , Stefan Marsh & Josh Charnley 2

Jack Murphy was taken out in the first half and has suffered a suspected fractured eye socket.

The officials were as usual pathetic and how there weren't any other bad injuries is beyond me. Both teams were off side all night, albeit I only shouted when Cas were, :wink: and we had numerous penalties for high shots, but the ref was spineless. He gave one penalty towards the end of the game for off side, and yep, you've guessed it, against Wigan.

A few of the Warrington players were there, watching the game, Ben Westwood & Chris Bridge that I recognised, Shouted to Ben Westwood as they were leaving that the game tonight will not be our game plan for tomorrow :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Who was our 14 josie. i did not get a team sheet.

Jack was a classic head shot and there were umpteen ones. Did you hear the Cas No 10 screaming every time he put a tackle in. The Cas 17 should have walked for the one on Greg Burke and every time a back made a break the resulting tackle was dangerous.