Team for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Team for Friday

Post by cpwigan »

I have little doubt the following will not happen BUT it should. Drop Fielden and Feka thereby removing the weakness that Wire and Monaghan in particular exploited. Smith will certainly not expect it.

Mossop, Davies, Flannagan and Farrell on the bench or even Farrell in the starting line up would negate a huge amount of what worked for Wire on Saturday. Whilst being a very good player Farrell is on a par with Phil Bailey for gamesmanship in the tackle etc and slowing the POTB down. Davies is a very mobile and agile prop forward whatsmore he is a real competitor.
Big Steve

Re: Team for Friday

Post by Big Steve »

Swapping both props at the same time - especially when we are defending (and one of them being Feka) isn't a good option at teh best of times.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Agreed Steve . They really did a number on Feka when they had the ball. I think it is the worst I have seen him exposed in defence for a very long time.

Prescott has been one of the real highlights.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Fielden as been a spent force for some time now , unfortunatley we have to put up with him for another year

Feka - useless at best - give young Davies a chance
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

cpwigan wrote:I have little doubt the following will not happen BUT it should. Drop Fielden and Feka thereby removing the weakness that Wire and Monaghan in particular exploited. Smith will certainly not expect it.

Mossop, Davies, Flannagan and Farrell on the bench or even Farrell in the starting line up would negate a huge amount of what worked for Wire on Saturday. Whilst being a very good player Farrell is on a par with Phil Bailey for gamesmanship in the tackle etc and slowing the POTB down. Davies is a very mobile and agile prop forward whatsmore he is a real competitor.
For once CPW, i agree with you :D unfortunately not going too happen i dont think.
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not a chance Shevi alas. Imagine on Saturday had Wire trained all week on a plan to exploit Feka and they turned up and he was not in the Wigan 17. Predictability of selection allows coaches like Smith to create plans.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Well, Bails is now unfortunately out for the season, so that's one choice less for Nobby to have to make, even if it's a game too late.

Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

cpwigan wrote:Not a chance Shevi alas. Imagine on Saturday had Wire trained all week on a plan to exploit Feka and they turned up and he was not in the Wigan 17. Predictability of selection allows coaches like Smith to create plans.
Its just depressing that we are going too stick with the same side for another season, and probably the same coach : /

Wire will exploit the same weaknesses as they did last week. Nobby is too predictible imo
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Many good suggestions - especially getting Pat to cover king.

However the team sheet will be the same except Mossop will come in for the injured Bailey
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

cpwigan wrote:Agreed Steve . They really did a number on Feka when they had the ball. I think it is the worst I have seen him exposed in defence for a very long time.

Prescott has been one of the real highlights.
he wasnt as exposed as graham by hodgson for last try against saints it made my day that