Crusaders in trouble

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Poster

Re: Crusaders in trouble

Post by Poster »

employing illegals then,

fines upto £30,000 for this sort of offence ,so thats Celtic and the RFL if true.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Can we have our two points back please?
Actually, I think that is a valid point! If the Crusaders have fielded up to 6 ineligible/illegal players all season, then surely that presents an argument that all their matches should be scratched from the record?

If nothing else, it will remove the 4 points HKR were gifted by old Ludwig!!
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Considering the hoohaa of getting them in in the first place I would expect the fault lay with the immigration bods. Considering the ease with which footballers and union players get visas ssorted is it a vendetta against league? Is it kick the little boy who will not kick back? Considering the South Africans and others that walked in it stinks. Is this payback for the serial killers and peodophiles sent here because they were born here but left at the age of three? Considering go to any hotel or reception and the chances are the receptionist is from down under it cannot be that difficult to get in the country,
Jim
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Another embarrassment for the RL. After the Greg Bird debacle we have the Crusaders effectively cheating with the inclusion of 6 illegible players.

All this apart from the obvious fact that they ought not be in the league in the first place. What will the sanctions be? It's hard to fine a bankrupt club, points deductions mean nothing as they have none and cannot be relagated. One things for sure, if an established SL club had attempted to cheat in this manner the majority on this site would be calling for expulsion.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave wrote:Another embarrassment for the RL. After the Greg Bird debacle we have the Crusaders effectively cheating with the inclusion of 6 illegible players.
In before the season started hey had 8 players denied visas and then by the end of January they were cleared to come over. It was on the BBC and if you look at the current story on the BBC web site you can see the whole saga unfold.

I have not checked but I think the 2 out of the 8 who are not being deported will be the two who had first grade experience. I am pretty sure one of the players being shown the door has played for them before they came into SL and was allowed to do so but now for some reason isn't.

It is possible the rules have changed from when they first came over as the law did change at the end of 2008.

I am sure the letter of the law is being applied but it seems a rather blunt application of it and begs many questions such as how come players in full time jobs paying UK tax have been dealt with so quickly when the general perception around the country is we have many illegal immigrant here for years who claim benefits?

So it's easy to beat Celtic up about this but I seriously doubt it was in a deliberate falsification of the information.

If it was then we will find out soon enough.
All this apart from the obvious fact that they ought not be in the league in the first place. What will the sanctions be? It's hard to fine a bankrupt club, points deductions mean nothing as they have none and cannot be relagated. One things for sure, if an established SL club had attempted to cheat in this manner the majority on this site would be calling for expulsion.
First of all the RFL must determine if there has been misconduct on the part of the club. If it is the players who are at fault and just them, then the club is in the clear.

If the club is found guilty of misconduct the options are a fine or points deduction, which is the same for every club. The fact these sanctions in your opinion mean nothing is irrelevant as those are the rules. The same would apply to Salford had they done it and would have similar effect I would think.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

highland convert wrote:Considering the hoohaa of getting them in in the first place I would expect the fault lay with the immigration bods. Considering the ease with which footballers and union players get visas ssorted is it a vendetta against league? Is it kick the little boy who will not kick back? Considering the South Africans and others that walked in it stinks. Is this payback for the serial killers and peodophiles sent here because they were born here but left at the age of three? Considering go to any hotel or reception and the chances are the receptionist is from down under it cannot be that difficult to get in the country,
Jim
This did cross my mind too Jim.

Has anyone seen many headlines about visa issues for any sport other than League in the past year? Football teams seem to sign a brazilian and they're there within a week whats going on?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Lil Feka's Dad

Post by Lil Feka's Dad »

Doveoverdave wrote:Another embarrassment for the RL. After the Greg Bird debacle we have the Crusaders effectively cheating with the inclusion of 6 illegible players.
Is this a player who's name we cannot read? Bit harsh to send them home for that!
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i think its an absolute disgrace that these players have been deported. they are profesional sportsman who come here to play rugby league not scrounging of tax payers money like these pakistanis, indians, iraqis and other nationalitys. even letting preachers hate against this country.

Agreed in general mate but remember this is a family site, certain words are clearly inappropriate
GP
IN WANE WE TRUST
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Another thread on its way to being locked! :D
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:Had they been Polish etc etc they could have stayed
i agree mate.It makes you sick when there are literally thousands coming here claiming benefits and these guys are actually working,it hacks me off :angry: