Is WADA going too far?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
bikerharry

Re: Is WADA going too far?

Post by bikerharry »

This is a legitimate method of treatment for injuries. It isn't performance enhancing, unless they are going to start playing with the masks on, so why the WADA feel the need to even comment on this is beyond me?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

stevethegas wrote:The rules on missed tests may be clear, but hide the problem. Surely any player who avoids a test must be treated as one who has failed a test. The differing sanctions against Hock and the Bath players is hypocritical to say the least, and brings no credit to the RU. But then when did the RU ever have the moral high ground?
When they banned Dean Richards for three years and the physio for two years for the blood capsule incident. They took a very firm stance, and fair play to them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stevethegas wrote:The rules on missed tests may be clear, but hide the problem. Surely any player who avoids a test must be treated as one who has failed a test. The differing sanctions against Hock and the Bath players is hypocritical to say the least, and brings no credit to the RU. But then when did the RU ever have the moral high ground?
The Bath players were due to be tested following allegations of misconduct (i.e. drug taking) at an end of season party and I am pretty sure the drug testing was to be done by the club not WADA. Even if it was WADA who did the test and it had proved positive for cocaine they would not be banned under WADA rules because that is out of competition.

So how even if you assumed guilt if someone misses a test as you basically suggest above they would be guilty of what? I don't think you can ban someone for two years who may not have taken any drugs at all.

The RFU did not need to ban the one player who did test positive because it was out of season but they did.

With Hock he was tested at the end of a game (v Salford) so he was hardly in a position to refuse the test and neither would the Bath players have been had they been tested in-competition.

Dave
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:IIRC you are right Morph and could not agree more Sutty. It is exactly the same process. I think it says in the article that an Aussie Rules club spent a large sum on a room that replicates the benefits of training at altitude. Will athletes be banned from training at altitude.

WADA have a long way to go to find the real cheats and should concentrate on that.
Im sure this is the method the yawnion "lions" team used before playing a match at altitude in S. Africa on the last tour. Nothing was mentioned then about it being illegal.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09