Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Post by cpwigan »

Should he have been shown mercy?

Whilst the reception he has received on his return to Libya is regrettable, I think he should have been. Americans often claim to be very religious but surely their reaction to the release is anything but.
Fujiman

Re: Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Should he have been shown mercy?

Whilst the reception he has received on his return to Libya is regrettable, I think he should have been. Americans often claim to be very religious but surely their reaction to the release is anything but.
Just watched Brian Cox on the One Show who is Scottish BTW and he said he did a documentary many years ago and thinks he is innocent. Didn't go into details but said he was defiantly set up. Never seen the documentary so can't comment
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

The sad part in all of this is that with him not appealing against his sentence we will never know the full truth behind all of this.Whilst I have sympathy for the families that lost loved ones on that dreadful night.I also have had my doubts about the guilt of this person.As have many others.Yes is the simple answer to your post.The man is dying and should be shown some compassion.Contentious view point I know.One that many will find fault with I'm sure.Purely my own personal view.And one that I probably would not have held if it was one of my family. :D
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

KOOCH wrote:The sad part in all of this is that with him not appealing against his sentence we will never know the full truth behind all of this.Whilst I have sympathy for the families that lost loved ones on that dreadful night.I also have had my doubts about the guilt of this person.As have many others.Yes is the simple answer to your post.The man is dying and should be shown some compassion.Contentious view point I know.One that many will find fault with I'm sure.Purely my own personal view.And one that I probably would not have held if it was one of my family. :D
He was found GUILTY by a Scottish Court of MASS MURDER AND should have served out the rest of his sentence.

This was a political decision by the Scottish Nazi Party & i for one am Truely ASHAMED to be Scottish.
The decision to release Him was Dispicable and shows how soft not only scotland but the Uk Judicial system has become.

Would this have happened under a Labour or indeed Tory Scottish Government? I think not

So to everyone in this country i for one hang my head in shame for letting this Mass Murderer Free :angry:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Trotski many people have been found guilty and then found to not be guilty in high profile cases especially linked to terrorism. Even if he is guilty then releasing a man to die is surely what a civilised society should be about. In particular countries that are underpinned by religion.

We know the death penalty does not work. America proves that. We know that treating terrorists as persona non grata never worked with the IRA and that dia,logue has proven more productive. Obama was elected on the basis he was going to be different than the norm America but his actions since then have been the same old same old.

What did anybody have to gain from letting this man die in prison?
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

the justice system is a joke nowadays. Sentences don't the crime, people get all the luxuries of home plus more and are released because they are ill.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is dying LRA. A horrible death that many (and I would not argue otherwise) say he deserves to suffer. What does it achieve other than costing the Scottish people more money to make him die in a Scottish hospital/prison hospital.

We could press 2 buttons and end it all.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:Even if he is guilty then releasing a man to die is surely what a civilised society should be about.
Did the 200 odd people on the plane get to choose where they wanted to die?
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

robjoenz wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Even if he is guilty then releasing a man to die is surely what a civilised society should be about.
Did the 200 odd people on the plane get to choose where they wanted to die?
Plus did their relatives get a say in him being released? i think not. Its easy for all on here to sit back and pontificate, but it we had loved ones who had died that night would we be so forgiving, i wonder. My Biggest worry is the economic damage this has done to Scotland and how it has tarnished the good name of the Scottish people.

Let not forget it was Scumbag Politicians who let him go free. One man playing political God, with power over life and death. Kenny McAskill How can you sleep at night, im ashame to be of the same race as this poor excuse for a man.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

On that basis Rob we should rip his limbs apart and stick his head on a spiked fence nearest to the Scottish Houses of Parliament.

We have many murderers now involved in Irish politics.

What would keeping him in an hospital bed in a prison for the last days of his life achieve?

What does letting him go achieve? Who knows? better relations? less deaths? release / assistance if a Scottish person is ever taken captive?