new players for next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
georgeorwell

new players for next season

Post by georgeorwell »

So, If I was father christmas and could grant your wish for a new player for next season, who would you chose and for what reason?

My starter for five would be Brett Hodgson. He's good in defence, superb in attack and he's fearless and fast.
cpwigan

Re: new players for next season

Post by cpwigan »

Reality None

My dream: Hayne, currently the best full back and best player in the world. I smile when fans rave about Phelps.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

hmmmmm i will go with Brett Hodgson aswell.

he has carried Hudders at times this year and has the brain of a stand off and also the work load of Kris Rads.

but i would much rather have a new coach in the shape of Lammy
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Reality None

My dream: Hayne, currently the best full back and best player in the world. I smile when fans rave about Phelps.
It's not a case of raving about Phelps cp.It's a simple statement that some of us on here make with regards to Phelps.He's not the best we have had in the position he's asked to play.But he is not doing a bad job is he?Considering the fact that many posters wanted him gone from the moment he picked up the ball.My ideal enforcer would have been Carvell.But alas he prefered the boys down the road.Or should I say that IL dithered too long. :D
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

greg inglis would be my first priority as hes deffo best centre in world. cameron smith as mm can learn a lot off him instead of piggy, billy slater and jonathan thurston partnering sam tomkins
IN WANE WE TRUST
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

no funds so thread does not count
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I :inlo: Billy!

Can we not just have Trent and Hock back, that would do me! :D
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Reality None

He has made me smile this season too CP.
With working away, I have saw very few games this season.
The stand out player in most of the games that I have seen live, or on TV, is Cameron Phelps.
As a result he got my vote as "player of the season".

People harp on about bringing back Briscoe.
IMO, Briscoe is no better than Phelps, and I would put money down that Phelps is a yard or two faster.
As I mentioned in a thread to Dave O, I strongly beleive that he is in the top three full backs in SL.
pedro

Post by pedro »

God wrote:I believe that also and ive seen most games this season. Brisco is a yard slower, and for me Phelps a better player all round anyway and younger .

People just dont like to admit there wrong and would start to over analyse. If we did that to every player, we could all pick fault at EVERY player in the world, after all nobody is perfect.

Edwards couldnt tackle :eh: :eh: yet for me one of the best players ive seen in a Wigan shirt.
hope that was sarcastic
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

God wrote:I believe that also and ive seen most games this season. Brisco is a yard slower, and for me Phelps a better player all round anyway and younger .

People just dont like to admit there wrong and would start to over analyse. If we did that to every player, we could all pick fault at EVERY player in the world, after all nobody is perfect.

Edwards couldnt tackle :eh: :eh: yet for me one of the best players ive seen in a Wigan shirt.
Phelps has been pushed into full back this season to some extent & IMO has picked it up well making improvements along the way.
I also beleive he can play pretty well at centre, stand off & on the wing.
Not a bad asset for a supposedly low wage.