Giants v Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Giants v Wire

Post by ancientnloyal »

Heart wants Huddersfield, head is saying Huddersfield. Brilliant what they have done this season from a standard team to a top 4, good in that they have won the games they should have (lower class eg celtic) and raised their game for the bigger teams... well coached. Even though the standard of SL is lower it's a good achievement.

If Huddersfield win, Hodgeson will be MOS imo.

Wolves 20 - Hudds 28
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

i am rooting for our yorkshire cousins. giants to win 26-4.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Rchie Mathers Lance Todd trophy winner? :)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I cant watch it, I feel genuinely sick!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Goes to show what good coaching can do with a team of hungry players.
I wonder how much information Tony Smith gets from his brother Brian, especially in big game scenarios.

Nathan Brown had little answer to the tactical awareness eagreness of Warrington yesterday.

Before the game, I read John Kear's idea of how he thought the game would pan out.
He placed alot of importance on the fact that Wire had more players previously successful on the big occasions and that Huddersfield may bottle up like last time.

I checked out the Opta players stats and two things stuck out:
Two of the highest error makers in SL are Brett Hodgson (2) & David Hodgson (3). 35 errors & 34 errors alike.
One of the highest "missed tackles" players is Moore (71 missed tackles).
That would play right into Warringtons strengths of Briers kicking & Monahans scooting from dummy half.

Thanks John Kear, this won me £20 from 4 scouse females who had uddersfield down as a canter to win.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

To be honest it was an error strewn mess of a game and a pretty poor advert for RL on one of very few terrestrially televised games.

Huddersfield lost, largely due to their inability to hold onto the ball. I don't know what their completion rate was - but the numbers of time they coughed up possession early in the tackle count was shocking. Huddersfield's half backs were largely anonymous (especially Robinson) and this meant that Hodgson was forced to be their main play-maker.

wire were good for the first fifteen minutes and then largely uninspiring - as they were in the semi. Morley for me was their stand out player and was far more deserving of the Lance Todd trophy than Monaghan. I had a horrible feeling that they would give it to cry baby briers - but thankfully common sense prevailed! The only thing that I thought that they did well was keep Crabtree quiet and get on top of Mason and Griffin - who both had shockers anyway.

Ganson made some very poor decisions - the knock on by the wire winger being a prime example. But then considering the giants had knocked stains out of the cup; he was never going to do them any favours.

Lastly, the commentary on BBC was awful - woods and particularly jiffy were wire biased and continually spouted rubbish.

Hopefully this will mean that the giants will now suffer a hangover and we will beat them in the last game of the season!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------