It must be us ............

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Poster

It must be us ............

Post by Poster »

what is it that other clubs are doing that we can't.
Warrington have now made an approach to Solomona and although I would not sign him he must put a hefty chunk onto their wage bill in addition to all the ones they have and the other rumoured new players.
Sthelens have been at for ages so have Leeds and Huddersfield are doing like wise.
It cannot be just the salary cap argument that is holding us back.
DaveO

Re: It must be us ............

Post by DaveO »

There is a strong suspicion Wire are being run on the back of funds from their chairman i.e. not out of profits made on gate money and marketing.

Hudds who went with the £80 season ticket offer and have small crowds must also be getting an influx of cash from somewhere.

Wigan on the other hand have a chairman who wants the club to stand on its own financial feet. If the club doesn't earn enough to pay the players wages we won't be signing them as IL won't fund them from his own pocket is the impression I get.

So we could very well find ourselves in the group of clubs to don't pay to the salary cap limit and so we will perform accordingly.

Dave
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Maybe other people r cheating, or maybe we will finally have a bit of squad consistancy for next year...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
ian b

Post by ian b »

Poster wrote:what is it that other clubs are doing that we can't.
Warrington have now made an approach to Solomona and although I would not sign him he must put a hefty chunk onto their wage bill in addition to all the ones they have and the other rumoured new players.
Sthelens have been at for ages so have Leeds and Huddersfield are doing like wise.
I have been told a few times that certain teams are paying players wages in to off shore accounts especially in the Aussies case,Stains and wire are amongst these teams.They will get caught out sooner or later if it is true.Wigan maybe just to honest :doz:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ian b wrote:
Poster wrote:what is it that other clubs are doing that we can't.
I have been told a few times that certain teams are paying players wages in to off shore accounts especially in the Aussies case,Stains and wire are amongst these teams.They will get caught out sooner or later if it is true.Wigan maybe just to honest :doz:
As you say Ian, the chances are this could well be true.
As we all know, there are honest businesses and disshonest busineses.
If one of those unruly organisations wishes to find loop holes to make it easier on themselves, they will try their utmost do it.
Wigan appear to be more of an honest organisation, to me more professional.
If it is true of Stains, Wire & other clubs are taking this route, lets hope the RFL can get to the bottom of it.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think there is a parallel with the issue of MPs Expenses; they acted within the 'letter' of the law albeit not within the spirit!

Maybe the Salary Cap should be redefined as applying to payments made to players as opposed to a clubs wage bill. Obviously, the two are not necessarily the same!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can someone help me with the rules of Salary Cap?

Is it still a %ge of turnover or can any club spend £1.65m on its wage bill?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Carlos_Twatez wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Can someone help me with the rules of Salary Cap?

Is it still a %ge of turnover or can any club spend £1.65m on its wage bill?
ye i think the limit is 1.6 mil sunbeam
Thanks twilight, but I was asking for the reality!