Re: What a Disappointment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No JJ. You cannot predict what may or may not happen in other games. Wigan could have lost today and still faced Cats next week. The week after if they win? Could be any team. Huddersfield are a very good team and Wigan did not play well. Shame for the fans that attended.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

sat here in benalmadena spain and cannot believe the score.Is someone taking the piss or did the team bus not turn up? Thank god i am away.Would have been bloody angry travelling to Huddersfield to see that result.Did we play as badly as the score suggests?Really had a good time here in spain this last week until i saw this load of old tripe.Would someone please pm me the nature of the game etc?Might not get back to you right away as i am going on the razzle with the missus in a little while.Expect i will be in no condition to read anything until sometime in the pm.Muchos gracias por favour moi bien. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Apparently we kept conceding a try and then doing our upmost to allow Huddersfield to get the ball back and move upfield ASAP and score another try. I believe there was a spell in the first half were we never touched the ball. Twice we kicked out on the full and we conceded penalties in the first set after a try on some occasions.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I seriously hope that there wasn't an element of complaicancy within the squad and viewing it as a 'meaningless' fixture. Still, league position goes into record books that last forever, this season we'd have had Wakefield finish above us instead of below. Go to win every match mentality thats the way it should be. Without a drive what do we have?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Is that the best we can do to psyche ourselves up for the play-offs? Hardly any team played well this weekend - look at Hull KR - but I don't think anybody was as abject as Wigan W. Surely we don't have to have Sam T on the pitch to give us a kick up the xxxx?
It's possible to turn things round by next week but it would have been a sight easier if we'd at least turned up this afternoon!
Ted Mac
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

just need to get our pitch fork out!!!!!!!!!!!!! (what the f*** is he on). at least he wasnt putting humpty back together again

That was dire

Why some of the players were out there today was beyond me

We must have 2 of the laziest most idle players in super league in our 17 today. I dont need to name them but they were dire when they were on the pitch.

We are letting a fantastic prospect go to oz but are retaining players who cant be A****
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If Noble had selected him earlier he would not have gone to Aus.
R Douglas

Post by R Douglas »

My partner and I decided against a 300 mile round trip yesterday and felt a little guilty for making that decision, but after the debacle that we experienced up there in 2007, we didn't think it was worth the gamble. I only wish we'd picked 6 lottery numbers with our ability to see the future!

As Darren Brown gives his secrets away, so will I, and they're much simpler to understand than his . . .

I'm not the biggest Nobby Knocker but we'll always be prone to results like this whilst he's in charge. We never seem to learn, and periodically, sometimes bi-weekly at best monthly, put in a completely abject, heartless, completely unacceptable performance that other teams may see once in a season, if they are unlucky. In fact I said to my good lady on Saturday watching Wakey, could you imagine a Wigan Team coached by John Kear, ever putting in a performance like we expected to see/and then saw, on Sunday!

We may be limited in other ways having some one like John Kear as a coach, but completely gutless performances are not one of the Team characteristics that we'd expect to see.

Sadly for me, we have too many fixtures left not to get another one before the end of the play offs! Fancy a taking a punt on which one it will be!?

If there is any doubt about whether we should be keeping Noble on, don't let it enter your mind!

Rant over!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Have we suffered any injuries, do we have a clean bill of health after this game.

I would rather loose this one by 100 points and go into the Cas game with a 100% squad, than win this one by 100 points and have key players out.
Maybe the players and even the coach had thes thoughts on their minds.
As long as we are willing and able in the play offs, I am not too bothered about the Hudds result.
The Challenge Cup Semi was more important, so is the grand final run in.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

JJ wrote:i take it you didn't spend any money for ticket and travel to Huds Panchitta Marra.
Because i dont think for one moment any one would buy a ticket and travel to Huds thinking they dont need to win .
Difficult to go to Hudds from Israel JJ.
Like you, Yes of course I would want us to win that game and every other game.
I fully understand, and as you say, people spend hard earned cash travelling to watch their team.
I just dont see the difference the result makes on how we fare to progress in the Grand final play-offs.
IMO, the damage has already been done by finishing out of the top 4.