Billy Boston

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Billy Boston

Post by josie andrews »

Billy has not been very well lately, and has been taken into hospital for some tests.

Hope you recover soon Billy, you are in my thoughts and prayers
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Billy Boston

Post by cpwigan »

Hope Billy B gets well soon.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

get better soon Billy.

Hope everything is ok.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Fingers crossed for you Billy.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

My hero since I was about 5 years old - take care Billy!
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

get well soon Billy
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

When I was a youngster my dad took me to watch Billy play at Rochdale Hornets, towards the end of his career. It was a typical Pennine winter - or summer come to think of it!! - sort of day, low cloud, drizzle and murky. The pitch was a quagmire, and after about fifteen minutes it became increasingly difficult to make out individual players. Every-time there was a scrum a huge cloud of steam rose from the pack. We stood on the town side of the ground and Billy was on our wing. Every time he got the ball and started a run the whole crowd came to life. I was too young to really understand the game - still don't really - but I knew from the crowd reaction that I was watching summat and someone special. Eeh it were grand in them days...not.

Very best of luck Billy. You touched everybody who saw you play.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Billy is now out of of hospital, and they have discovered a blood clot on his lung. Will try and keep you all up-dated.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I remember the last time the great man was ill I was living in Bridlington.And was often asked by many people how was Billy doing.Of course my answer was the same to all that asked me of his well being that I was not a confidant of his and was just as concerned about his welfare as those that asked about him.And yet I was surprised at the fact that it was youngsters as well as older rugby league fans that asked after him. The great names of rugby are not lost on the youth thank god.Glad to hear he is on the mend. :D
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

is there any update on how Billy is? He needs to get him self right for our trip to murrayfield next year again!! Get well soon BB

Keep Wigan "Wigan"