Kyle Eastmond

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Kyle Eastmond

Post by Kittwazzer »

Long thread on the Stains forum that Offiah is hawking Eastmond to Sale Sharks for next season!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Kyle Eastmond

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Send him to Wigan.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

they will be arite... cunningham has re-signed,

no in all serious i hope we dont lose another the the kick and crap game!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

I don't rate Eastmond anyway he is definatly not a replacement for Sean Long.

Eastmond seems like a winger who is playing in the middle of the pitch. Once he is through gaps he will score but he doesn't create things over other players.

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

MrDave wrote:I don't rate Eastmond anyway he is definatly not a replacement for Sean Long.

Eastmond seems like a winger who is playing in the middle of the pitch. Once he is through gaps he will score but he doesn't create things over other players.

No He just steps round Fielden like he not there, mind you sayin that its not that hard is it :)

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

[/quote]

Similar to Jason Robinson when he first started out? Eastmond has the one commodity that you can't buy - speed. Other areas of his game can be improved by a good coach
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I rate him and think he was developing very nicely under Anderson.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

ste lord wrote:
MrDave wrote:I don't rate Eastmond anyway he is definatly not a replacement for Sean Long.

No He just steps round Fielden like he not there, mind you sayin that its not that hard is it :)
Probably because Fielden usually isn't their :lol:

Eastmond could become a very good player for Saints he is an opportunist and given half a chance will usually score. A very different player from Sean Long though so I don't see him as a direct replacement.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I've seen a fair bit of him this season and have mixed views. IMO, if Potter is thinking of him as a replacement for Longy then I think Saints will really struggle next season. There is no way he has the vision for that position. If Saints are on top in a game he's OK, but can't get hold of a game by the scruff and change it. OK so he did us, but that was a one off piece of magic. Directing a team for a whole game is another matter altogether. He is undoubtedly a talent and I wouldn't want to see him go to union but what will be his best position?

More to the point for Wigan, is keep chariots away from Sam, even though he has signed a long contract.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

georgeorwell wrote:I've seen a fair bit of him this season and have mixed views. IMO, if Potter is thinking of him as a replacement for Longy then I think Saints will really struggle next season. There is no way he has the vision for that position. If Saints are on top in a game he's OK, but can't get hold of a game by the scruff and change it. OK so he did us, but that was a one off piece of magic. Directing a team for a whole game is another matter altogether. He is undoubtedly a talent and I wouldn't want to see him go to union but what will be his best position?

More to the point for Wigan, is keep chariots away from Sam, even though he has signed a long contract.
Good post, as for the bit in bold he won't always be able to swim for the line. On a dry day he would have been tackled short and perhaps a whole different story.

BTW who is Sam's agent.