Brian "should of gone to specsavers" Noble

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Brian "should of gone to specsavers" Noble

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Well looks like only a few games left of this clown now but i have to say this season he has come into his own about proving how inept he is as a coach. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse he comes out with "Stuart Feilden's being playing well" and should be considered for England!. What planet is this guy on, Feilden is a shadow of the shadow of his former self and to me looks like he has thoroughly lost his passion for the game and is just going through the motions he shouldn't be anywhere near the England side unless they need a boot cleaner!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
mark webster?

Re: Brian "should of gone to specsavers" Noble

Post by mark webster? »

been thinking that myself,

watched "in a league of their own" the other day and was thinking where would we be, if we had THAT stuart fielden.
Can't whack a good pint.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Perhaps he's talking him up again for when Celtic announce their new 'star' signing?

we can always hope so anyway :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:Stuart Fielden has been playing well. At least he has in the last couple of games. Probably our best prop since we played Cas in the league, now that Coley has gone back to the poor form we saw at the end of last season.

It's still ridiculous to say he should be considered for England though. He's had no more than 5 good games this season. A couple of improved performances doesn't go anywhere close to explaining where Noble has got that idea from.

I can't imagine Coley being considered by Smith either judging by the way he's been playing recently, and Gleeson is only in with a shout because of lack of options at centre. He definitely hasn't warranted a place in the England side.
Coley has been our most consistent prop this season, he has one bad game and you're on his back, not saying that he should be considered for the 4 nations, but he is nowhere near as bad as you are portraying. Fielden has not been anywhere like he was when we signed him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Coley has gone back to Coley of old since he got his new contract and for me a player whose form dips so dramatically once he gets a new contract is not putting 100% in week in week out. He does not run straight. Fielden, Wigan fans are so desperate that a single decent run = a great game. Feka is simply unfit. NRL front rowers would take the P out of them. Still they play for Wigan so they are world beaters :lol:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Booger should be issued with a white cane and dark glasses.He sure as hell is not viewing the same game as me.Yes by all means include Fielden into the England set up as a water carrier or ball boy because he is not the man to deliver anything as a prop. :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
Coley has been our most consistent prop this season, he has one bad game and you're on his back, not saying that he should be considered for the 4 nations, but he is nowhere near as bad as you are portraying. Fielden has not been anywhere like he was when we signed him.
Coley got dropped at the start of the season then came back a much better player and without him and his form I doubt we would have made the 8. He has another bad game and everything in between seems quickly forgotten.

Some players seem to attract easy criticism while others are almost bullet proof. Phelps mistakes led to all 12 points for Cas last Sunday and he ended up MoM for Sky and on here! Over the season Phelps has been far more inconsistent than Coley but is a blue eyed boy to many.

Dave
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

cpwigan wrote:Coley has gone back to Coley of old since he got his new contract and for me a player whose form dips so dramatically once he gets a new contract is not putting 100% in week in week out. He does not run straight. Fielden, Wigan fans are so desperate that a single decent run = a great game. Feka is simply unfit. NRL front rowers would take the P out of them. Still they play for Wigan so they are world beaters :lol:
I agree entirely,prop is our weakest position and without the go forward from them the halfs have great difficulty playing their natural game.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Coley is poor,Fielden is dire,Prescott is average and Fekka is out of condition.Part of the reason we have finished as low as 6th is that our props are amongst the weakest in SL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Coley got dropped at the start of the season then came back a much better player and without him and his form I doubt we would have made the 8. He has another bad game and everything in between seems quickly forgotten.

Some players seem to attract easy criticism while others are almost bullet proof. Phelps mistakes led to all 12 points for Cas last Sunday and he ended up MoM for Sky and on here! Over the season Phelps has been far more inconsistent than Coley but is a blue eyed boy to many.

Dave
The problem is that as his contract came closer to ending Coley played better and better. Once signed he has been poor over several games.

Many fans sadly judge players on whether they are nice people so Phelps is popular despite being as inept as Mathers in defence.