Can we beat the Aussies? Personally, I think not.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
old hooker

Re: Can we beat the Aussies? Personally, I think not.

Post by old hooker »

We have no chance whatsover of turning over the Aussies. Even if Inglis,Slater and Thurston were unavailable we could not win.Burgess and Ellis are the only 2 players that would even be considered for an Aussie squad and the rest are light years ahead of us.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Sam...Sam will tear them apart...!

Well, probably not really, but I can always dream...
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

old hooker wrote:We have no chance whatsover of turning over the Aussies. Even if Inglis,Slater and Thurston were unavailable we could not win.Burgess and Ellis are the only 2 players that would even be considered for an Aussie squad and the rest are light years ahead of us.
I agree with your general point but Burgess has done nothing this season, Graham, Peacock and Morley have all been better.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Whatever happens it will be a joy to watch a team like that in Wigan
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ancientnloyal wrote:Whatever happens it will be a joy to watch a team like that in Wigan
With Baz back hopefully too :D
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

gpartin wrote:
old hooker wrote:We have no chance whatsover of turning over the Aussies. Even if Inglis,Slater and Thurston were unavailable we could not win.Burgess and Ellis are the only 2 players that would even be considered for an Aussie squad and the rest are light years ahead of us.
I agree with your general point but Burgess has done nothing this season, Graham, Peacock and Morley have all been better.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Totally agree with you on that, if we're going to get beaten anyway we might as well make an attempt to build for the future by picking young lads in games where it matters (not just against Wales or France). This was my point at Wigan with Nobby in charge when we had foreign imports from 1-7 while our youngsters were treading water in the reserves and we still lost.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

If Manchester United played a team from the first divison and played their best 11 who would win? United almost every time, thats how it is playing against this current Australian squad of players!!!. The way the Aussies play the game is a level up from Super League, it may be hard to stomach but its a fact. Their fitness levels including speed, stammina, strength, surplass and flexability are all superior to ours. Pat Richards, Matt King, Greg Ingles and Israel Folau are all naturally big lads playing either center or wing because they have all of these qualities. With their speed they've been encouraged from a young age to use it isntead of being put in the pack due to their size. Being in the forwards this speed is easily lost and they are taught how to tackle hard and hit the ball up instead of useing evasion to break the line.
All we can hope for is that Tony Smith has learnt from last years world cup shambles and insists that our wingers dont blurt out of the line and leave their big wingers an open door to the try line!!!. Good luck to our boys but our backline just doesnt seem strong enough in all areas.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wellens at full back - need I say more? :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

butt monkey wrote:Wellens at full back - need I say more? :roll:
Turn around, everytime I turn around it takes me a while but I get there in the end. Turn around, I never was the fastest but as I got older it seemed much worse than it was before. Turn around when I have to turn I fall apart. And I'm far too slow tonight, and I'm slower now than ever, And if it wasn't for that Karl Pryce, I'd be the slowest player ever.

Nothing I could do would be better than Rads, I neither had the skill or the heart, I don't know why I tried, I was Eclipsed from the start.