England vs Wales

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
a-true-warrior

England vs Wales

Post by a-true-warrior »

sam tomkins is having a very good game 2 try's, 4 try's assist in the first half alone. he is showing that he is a better player that myler

and paul skyes is shocking
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
ancientnloyal

Re: England vs Wales

Post by ancientnloyal »

The game was boring, nice headlines for Sam though, many positives for us.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Absolute disgrace making young Sam play at international level at his young age! Did no-one think to ask Noble whether he was up to it or not? What about "duty of care" to the poor lad?

Just because he scored 3 tries, set up 3 more, and ran away with the MoM award is no reason to force him onto the international stage when he clearly needs at least 5 more years development...

:roll:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote:Absolute disgrace making young Sam play at international level at his young age! Did no-one think to ask Noble whether he was up to it or not? What about "duty of care" to the poor lad?

Just because he scored 3 tries, set up 3 more, and ran away with the MoM award is no reason to force him onto the international stage when he clearly needs at least 5 more years development...

:roll:
Couldn't agree more Geoff. HE IS JUST NOT READY!!! :angry: :angry: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

a-true-warrior wrote:sam tomkins is having a very good game 2 try's, 4 try's assist in the first half alone. he is showing that he is a better player that myler
My own view FWIW is that Sams 2 early tries put Myler under unnecessary pressure to try and impress. Myler knows that the eyes of the Rugby League world are on him and that they are comparing him with Sam and Kyle Eastmond. On last nights game, its a definite 1-0 to Sam!

My other concern about Myler is that next season he will feel pressurised into living up to his big contract. He is still only a kid, and I am not convinced he will be able to handle it. Maybe in this case, Nobby's 'duty of care' has some validity?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
warrior1973

Post by warrior1973 »

With 2 inexperience half backs, there seemed to be no shape at all with Englands attack. Tomkins is used to playing Nobles flat attack and Myler hasnt done enough to even be in the team....appart from sign for warrington that is. The performance of the whole team just wasnt good enough. Kicks out on the full, passing the ball into touch and bad passes from acting half are nothing to do with the opposition they played against. It comes down to players not being good enough and not having the experience to step up to international level. The preasure is intencified and without experience in big matches players can crumble. Lets be honest, the Aussies and Kiwis will not be shaking in their boots over this performance.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

A bloody awful game.Not convinced we needed it in the first place.The only player to come out of it with any
credit was Sam.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

The thing that concerns me most is that I am taking the wife to her first international match.(Her third rugby league game.)Is that on yesterdays performance we shall simply be made to look bloody silly when facing the Aussies and the Kiwis.It was a rather dire performance apart from Sam T.Let's be honest about it.The Welsh although putting up a game performance where never going to be a threat.And yet they did manage to cause England problems on the odd occasion.Morley was rocked back on several occasions,and Carvell did not seem to pose many threats.God help us when we meet the Aussie front row.Lockers did what he had to do and was solid all night.Also Gareth Ellis.Briscoe is also promising.Myler did not impress me at all last night although I'm sure that his qualities will shine through in later years.After all is said and done he is lacking game time. :D
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Myler tried to do too much, i noticed in the first half the attack was heavily weighted to his side too, sam got very little of the ball but what he did get he used. I personally think Myler could turn out to be another Luke Robinson, showed great promise but he hasn't really backed it up and rather than go to basic's he tries to pull of the big moves all the time. One thing that sets Sam apart is his composure and ability to weigh up the situation before acting, he rarely throws a pass that isn't on, or kicks to completely the wrong place he's got a fantatic rugby brain
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Not the most entertaining game but 48-12 is better than 74-0 or whatever it was last year. The only difference between the two sides was Sam Tomkins and the fact Wales tired in the last 20 minutes.

Most of the England players didn't look interested, O'Loughlin was wasted in the centres. Morley and Carvell didn't look that impressive and the Wales forwards managed to put a few big hits on them which not many other teams do.